cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party app launcher broken (again) after new patch

Kleshar
Star III
Hello,
the 3rd party app launcher system is broken again on the zenfone 8 after last patch. I am using Nova Launcher. As you remember, weeks ago, I've reported with other users an annoying bug related to third party launcher: everytime the phone was rebooted or turned off-turned on, you had to set again your 3rd party launcher as main launcher from settings or the lock/unlock screen process would become tediously slow.
Something that has never happened with all my previous Android phones (same observation made by other users on this forum).
That problem has now been fixed but we've another problem now: when i press the multitasking Button, the system overlaps nova launcher with Asus launcher. the only way to go back to nova launcher is by pressing the home Button. Pressing "back" or pressing another part of the screen, leaves you with Asus launcher on-screen together with all its menus.
Can we have a Quick fix about this? This smartphone is the fair of bugs 🥲
9 REPLIES 9

Chris1
Rising Star II
FYI, no problem with niagara launcher.

Kleshar
Star III
Chris1

FYI, no problem with niagara launcher.

View post
I'm happy for you dude 👍 but i do not intend changing launcher after almost 10 years of supporting nova only because something related to asus' software/UI hates nova, this is clearly a bug 😕
btw i have attached to this message a little video proof of the bug.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Kleshar Can you share a screen recording? I'm unable to replicate the issue by following your description in the OP.

Kleshar
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Kleshar Can you share a screen recording? I'm unable to replicate the issue by following your description in the OP.

View post
I've attached screen recording above👍