This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any new update for ROG 3?

Pervage
Rising Star II
There are some couple of bugs and wanted to know if those are fixed and when we can expect the update for that?
11 REPLIES 11

BPM
Rising Star II
It's been mentioned before in multiple threads, but all four ROG Phones (and the Zenfone 7 line) make use of Pixelworks' visual processing. While nothing official has been stated (I think), but it's been believed that due to licensing Pixelworks' technology, ASUS cannot simply calibrate the screen as they please.
PartnersWhich if that is the case, ASUS would need an update from Pixelworks in order to change the screen calibration.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BPM

It's been mentioned before in multiple threads, but all four ROG Phones (and the Zenfone 7 line) make use of Pixelworks' visual processing. While nothing official has been stated (I think), but it's been believed that due to licensing Pixelworks' technology, ASUS cannot simply calibrate the screen as they please.

https://www.pixelworks.com/media/partners/

Which if that is the case, ASUS would need an update from Pixelworks in order to change the screen calibration.

View post
@Pervage
Pretty much this. As they use a 3rd party for the calibration they are not allowed to change anything officially on the calibration itself as it would breach their contract with pixelworks. The same goes for any audio changes on the Phones as well since they are licensed by Audiomaxx.
It's very simple, if ASUS would mess up the calibration even more, pixelworks would take the responsibility for it. This hasn't, and won't ever be confirmed by ASUS due to obvious reasons but it's the only real logical explanation as to why the display hasnt been re-calibrated again.

The screen flickering was probably another attempt by ASUS to somehow fix the display without touching the calibration. Back in the days ASUS also tried to fix the colorbanding with an overlay which backfired as everyone was complaining about greys instead of blacks. ASUS is trying to somehow make a workaround but it's honestly impossible without touching the calibration itself.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
I'll like to add on one more small bug.
Armoury crate has the option to restrict background sync in the game's scenario profile.
Upon exiting the game, the background sync will still be turned off. I would then have to go into settings -> accounts again to turn on the automatically sync app data.

Pervage
Rising Star II
@Danishblunt @Bp Lets raise a petition and I think all ROG users will sign on it against Pixelworks to fix the issue.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Pervage

@Danishblunt @Bp Lets raise a petition and I think all ROG users will sign on it against Pixelworks to fix the issue.

View post
I honestly doubt they give a damn. If a huge brand like oneplus couldnt make it happen, we wont make it happen either.