Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX480FD
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description: At some point over the past few months, my extension display has stopped working, I have noticed people with similar problems in the forum, but I haven't seen a solution yet. I have fully updated all my drivers and reinstalled the Asus screen pad utilities and updated all graphics drivers. The screenpad works fine, it is just the extension display, it is recognised properly as a Toshiba display, but it appears as a black screen, when I cast it. I am reluctant to upgrade to screenpad 2.0 as it was noted that it is not mature enough at this stage. Any help would be much appreciated, since it is quite a nice feature and I would like to get it back again.
7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Jarez,
When you drag any window down to screenpad under extension display mode, does it shown?
Thank you.

Jarez
Star I
No its just a black screen, backlight on as I said, but doesnt display anything other than the layover for switching between touch and cursor mode.
In my windows update, optional area it is showing that there is firmware update available (AsusTek firmware 10.1.2.313), a quick Google shows this is to do with the BIOS? What exactly is this and does it have anything to do with the extension display?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Jarez,
Can you help to update this BIOS?
It does not directly affect the extension display, but it is updating setting for the system, which might be helpful to put thing back to work.
Thank you.