This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

flolaff
Star III
samy.carbonnel

Hello everyone,

I was really tempted by the ZenFone8 until I read all these messages. I am quite sorry for you all (& me too because there are not so great correct-size phones on the market).

But as mentioned by someone before, maybe it was an issue on the early versions, which as maybe got fixed by now...

I will wait a couple of days and see how Asus fix your phones and communicate on the problem before knowing if I need to find an alternative.

Also, thanks for the warnings 🙂

View post
Tbh they still want me to pay 500€ for the repair (I’m in the process of opening a case at the European commission - we’ll see), and the others still don’t have any informations about the issue. Not even a « sorry » about the lost time, lost money and lost data. No one wants to help me anywhere at Asus and I always have to involve the use of my lawyer to even get an answer.
This lack of respect towards customers is absolutely unacceptable. This is not a company worth your money and I’d advise you to get the iPhone 13 Mini or just anything else that won’t randomly stop working between your hands really. Or at least if by any chance it does you’ll get better support than lame Asus.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
RockeR

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187822#Comment_187822

Мой куплен в мае.

View post
Do you have the issue too or your may unit is fine ?

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
samy.carbonnel

Hello everyone,

I was really tempted by the ZenFone8 until I read all these messages. I am quite sorry for you all (& me too because there are not so great correct-size phones on the market).

But as mentioned by someone before, maybe it was an issue on the early versions, which as maybe got fixed by now...

I will wait a couple of days and see how Asus fix your phones and communicate on the problem before knowing if I need to find an alternative.

Also, thanks for the warnings 🙂

View post
I and like everyone else saw a lot of promise in this phone but all those were crushed once you experience the ramdump issue. If you want to save yourself the anxiety I would say try to avoid this phone unless you don't have any other options. The constant fear of not knowing when your phone will die is not a nice feeling tbh, even after getting my phone back from repair I'm still very worried so would try to sell it off after testing it for a few weeks.
As a former LG user, I wished they never left the smartphone business would have continued supporting their products.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
HeLLKiTe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187840#Comment_187840

I and like everyone else saw a lot of promise in this phone but all those were crushed once you experience the ramdump issue. If you want to save yourself the anxiety I would say try to avoid this phone unless you don't have any other options. The constant fear of not knowing when your phone will die is not a nice feeling tbh, even after getting my phone back from repair I'm still very worried so would try to sell it off after testing it for a few weeks.

As a former LG user, I wished they never left the smartphone business would have continued supporting their products.

View post
Lg had a worse track record though with all those hw issues and class action lawsuits and on top of that you had worse software and way slower update schedule

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
HeLLKiTe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187840#Comment_187840

View post
I'm also missing LG 😞 G3, G6, G7 which I've used before Zenfone... Each of them was a great one when was available to buy. I hoped for new one Velvet-look V70/G9 😞