This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop Asus ZenFone 7 Pro from killing my apps?

vc1300
Star I
How can I stop Asus ZenFone 7 Pro from killing my apps? I find it very annoying that even though I have 8 GB RAM my phone keeps killing my apps that I leave idle (even if there are just 1 or 2 of them).
I've disabled all related settings I could find like Hibernate apps, Battery optimization etc. but it's still happening.
I've read on the internet that there's an app Power Master where this could be disabled but I couldn't find Power Master on my phone.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Model Name: Asus ZenFone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): n/a

14 REPLIES 14

vc1300
Star I
@fear_dot_com_2000 Ah, "Detect & stop". It's disabled, and has always been. And the apps that are getting killed are not even battery draining, seems like it simply wants to kill idle apps that haven't been used for some time (and I don't want this).
Thanks

Roystoys
Zen Master III
vc1300

@fear_dot_com_2000 Ah, "Detect & stop". It's disabled, and has always been. And the apps that are getting killed are not even battery draining, seems like it simply wants to kill idle apps that haven't been used for some time (and I don't want this).

Thanks

View post
If you tap on that setting it gives you the option to send you a notification when it detects a battery draining app . From there you can ignore it or stop the app

vc1300
Star I
@Roystoys It's disabled but it still happens.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Gustav_ASUS

@vc1300

Make sure 'Background app management' is disabled in Battery settings.

View post
Yes, the feature Gustav refers to is Hibernate. You can control hibernation per app, or have it disabled entirely.

Hibernate sleeps apps which arent in use for power saving.
Secondly, you can check "Auto-start Manager", if your specific app is allowed to auto-start.
Generally apps are allowed to do so. You can decide if you wish or do not wish apps to be able to auto-start from cold. Many apps misbehave.

These two are the main features in ZenUI for power management which can cause what you are describing.
Then lastly is the built in power optimization and Doze, from Android itself.

vc1300
Star I
Not sure from which of these components it is coming but I have plenty of RAM and these apps aren't even doing anything in the background.
I just bought a tablet from another provider, which has less RAM and I have no issue with these same apps remaining in memory for as long as I like.
It would be great if ASUS could fix this or allow an option to disable this. I think it would be pretty easy to reproduce: basically it will kill almost any third party app (besides Google's, looks like Chrome isn't affected for example).

Thanks