This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zenbook 14 Ux425Ea doesn't have a numberpad on it, why?

redington
Star II
So I purchased this lap top few days ago. I actually ordered it since my town doesn't have a good electronic store.
Here is the full info if it helps:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 processor 3.00 GHz dual-core with Turbo Boost (up to 4.10GHz) and 6MB cache
Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics (Intel® Core™ i3 models)
Memory: 8GB 3733MHz LPDDR4X (Intel® Core™ i3 models)
I Think this is enough but if you need anything more please ask me.

here is where my problem starts:
When it came to me i noticed something immediately that it doesn't have a numberpad like in the pictures. I mean there is no icon on the top right or anything... so it kinda got me worried that maybe they didn't give me the right one? i checked the info on the box and it was exactly what i wanted but when i checked the info in the system (using the CPU-Z program) there was something different from the box: The Ram model was DDR4 not LPDDR4. This made me think that maybe there is something shady going on?

So my question is are these 2 types of Ram really different?
Does this have anything to do with why i don't have a numberpad?
Do i just don't know how to make the numberpad appear and everything if fine?
4 REPLIES 4

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Please refer to the spec of UX425EA on our official website
Zenbook 14 UX425 (11th Gen Intel) - Tech Specs|Laptops For Home|ASUS GlobalAnd you can double check your model name by following below FAQ
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSince CPU Z is not our official software, so I'm not sure if it is normal that LPDDR4 is showing as regular DDR4, but you can check on the frequency.
If you still have concern about the device you have, can you share the link of the shop website of some more information?
Thank you.

redington
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

Please refer to the spec of UX425EA on our official website

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ZenBook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel/techspec/

And you can double check your model name by following below FAQ

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1030673/

Since CPU Z is not our official software, so I'm not sure if it is normal that LPDDR4 is showing as regular DDR4, but you can check on the frequency.

If you still have concern about the device you have, can you share the link of the shop website of some more information?

Thank you.

View post
Thank you for answering me.
I checked everything and my model is exactly UX425EA.
My situation is a little complicated, since i live in Iran I cannot buy anything from a well knows or official shop or website. that makes it a little complicated for me to even figure out what is wrong.
But the bottom line is that there is no number pad on my Zenbook and i don't know how to fix it. There is not even an Icon the top right of the touchpad which is very strange. Do you why this problem is happening?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
If you don't have the numpad icon, then it is related to hardware.
I have send you PM , please share your product SN with me and I will further check on it.
Thank you.

redington
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

If you don't have the numpad icon, then it is related to hardware.

I have send you PM , please share your product SN with me and I will further check on it.

Thank you.

View post
Thank you so much for helping me.