This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

th_besch
Rising Star I
Adaoh

I think as someone else stated earlier, the cause of the problem isn't likely what the person was doing. I think it is more of a manufacturing defect, so the manufacturing date would be more useful to know if our model is more prone to bricking.

You can check this behind the box at the bottom of the sticker, where it says MFD:

for example the date for mine is 2021/05 and the 2 or so people that reported their manufacturing date were from april. So maybe it is an issue with the first batch where there are bad solder connections or something.

Also another very important thing to know on top of the raw number of bricked phones is the amount of phones that were sold. Without that, we cannot know if the issue is rare or common.

Having these 2 would let us know which phones are affected and at what level it is likely to happen. If the number is like 50 devices per 100 000 (Assuming there will be more devices coming and that there are ramdump cases not posted on here), it makes the error rate 0,05%. That would explain why Asus does not bother fixing the issue as repairing affected units might just be cheaper for them.

View post
I already asked this @Gustav_ASUS. No definite answer. Of course not. If asus admitted they had identified a faulty batch of hardware they were obliged to start a recall.
As it seems their policy is sit and wait instead. @Gustav_ASUS prove us wrong...soon!!!

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Mods have not written any valuable comment here for a long time. I had given up hope of being contacted by them. However, I try to reach people with information about damaged motherboards - topic is also posted on some local forums. People with information in the local language will think about buying a zenfon.

it is probably just like someone wrote here - we are not key customers for a brand like asus ...

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
daniel91m

Mods have not written any valuable comment here for a long time. I had given up hope of being contacted by them. However, I try to reach people with information about damaged motherboards - topic is also posted on some local forums. People with information in the local language will think about buying a zenfon.

it is probably just like someone wrote here - we are not key customers for a brand like asus ...

View post
They already have a small mobile market share and with this fiasco it's about to get smaller, we would have continued to support this brand if they do right by their customers but instead they push out supporters and invite more detractors. By doing this, they not only affected their mobile division but their brand as a whole.
I would never patronize another Asus product again because of this experience whether it's mobile or other tech. And with no comments at all from the mods and Asus, it seems they are perfectly fine to lose customers.

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
daniel91m

View post
Mods will ban us earlier than they'll give us some clarification about our issues...
We've lost our money, data stored in phone memory and lots of nerves. Why we should be still happy about ZF8? Dear mods...

Dooboo
Rising Star II
petrus73

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187697#Comment_187697

THanks man, if someone has a good suggestion for an Android Phone with a 6" screen that takes good photos you are all welcome (just tag me to read your comments).

I was very satisfied by Zenfone 8 but Asus did the mistake and they have to pay back for a bricked phone.

If they back to me with some hints about the "problem" and the assurance the problem will be resolved with (just to say) a new model of motherboard or so, I had keep my Zenfone.

But from Asus nothing happened.

I think also that the "moderators" of this community has to do better with the users and to say "clearly" what is the problem. I don't trust anyone saying there are some "different" problems for the same device.

View post
If u dont mind bigger than 6", i got the oneplus 9 pro as a replacement. Im writing this down with 50% battery left. As if it was asus, i could have been charging it already. Camera is superb. I can see the difference right away. Though what i miss about the zf8 is the capability to charge with a set limit to 80 or 90%. And lastly, the 65w warp charging is amazing. Its literally double the charging speed of zf8.
And i got it only for 650usd, amazing.