This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN+Arrow Keys no longer change aura brightness of the keyboard_ Brand New Asus TUF A15 FA506QM

rnogueira611
Star II
System: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus TUF A15 FA506QM (R7 5800H + RTX 3060 + 16gb 3200mhz)
Frequency of occurrence: Always happening, since a few days ago
Reset OS: Not yet
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:Every Hotkey works perfectly, including the FN+RIGHT/LEFT hotkey to change the aura mode, but the FN+UP/DOWN stopped working a few days, I haven't done anything in particular to cause this problem, the pc is brand new, i got it 10 days ago, it is pretty much stock.
Help please.
Also, when I run diagnostics on MyAsus app, it doesn't let me see the result for some reason.
127 REPLIES 127

leimparker1
Star I
@Blake_ASUS Hi,
May you help me too, please?
fn+f3 and fn+f4 don`t work. I can`t off my keyboard light. At the same time fn+f(1,2, 5-12) work.
fn+f3 and fn+f4 worked fine a few months ago, but after one of the Windows updates they didn`t, so I used a backup and didn`t get any updates after that. Everything was fine but I had to reinstall my Windows and now they aren`t working again.
I reinstalled ATK packages, installed BIOS update in MyASUS app, but it didn`t help
My laptop is ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD-DM479
I use Windows 10 64bit

Please let me know if you need more information.
Best wishes.

Seung_Su
Star I
@Blake_ASUS
Hi, Blake.
I have same issue. Can you please help me?
I bought this Laptop at a second hands shop. no OS version.
I am not sure how was it. But I am realized it does not work when I am setting all drivers and windows updates..
Only backlights works at turn on and turn off. very shortly. During Window OS works, backlights does not work.
The fn + arrowUp / arrowDown stopped working after updating through Windows Update
The serial number is M3NRCX044676138
My BIOS version is FA706QM.307.

Would you like to send me mail to doubles1985@gmail.com?

Thank you!
Jude

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
leimparker1

@Blake_ASUS Hi,

May you help me too, please?

fn+f3 and fn+f4 don`t work. I can`t off my keyboard light. At the same time fn+f(1,2, 5-12) work.

fn+f3 and fn+f4 worked fine a few months ago, but after one of the Windows updates they didn`t, so I used a backup and didn`t get any updates after that. Everything was fine but I had to reinstall my Windows and now they aren`t working again.

I reinstalled ATK packages, installed BIOS update in MyASUS app, but it didn`t help

My laptop is ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD-DM479

I use Windows 10 64bit

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best wishes.

View post
Hi there,
Please post in Vivobook section and responsible mod will reply.
VivoBook
Thank you.

Howlstar
Star I
Dear @Blake_ASUS ,
i recently found this thread, i do have the same issue, since a few month and bhrought this laptop early this year,
every single fn key work, except from the fn arrow up/down to change the aura brightness of the keyboard.
i forgot to add that my bios sn also changed to an odd number :ssn12345678901234567
could you send me the fix please.
model : A15 TUF566QR
SN: LCNRCX01K78551F
bios version 408
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Howlstar

Dear @Blake_ASUS ,@Falcon_ASUS,

i recently found this thread, i do have the same issue, since a few month and bhrought this laptop early this year,

every single fn key work, except from the fn arrow up/down to change the aura brightness of the keyboard.

i forgot to add that my bios sn also changed to an odd number :ssn12345678901234567

could you send me the fix please.

model : A15 TUF566QR

SN: LCNRCX01K78551F

bios version 408

Thank you.

View post
Hi there,
I have reported your case and waiting for the solution.
I will keep you updated.
Thank you.