This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 pro has been abandoned?

darkie
Star II
My brother bought zenfone 8 flip , and i had bought (at the same price) zenfone 7 pro in June. I see that zenfone 8 receives many updates that has improved energy management, the dark mode is true black and has no gray elements. the camera detects the rhinoshield, has the level even on the standard mode, has the document mode and in the menu you can choose The acquiisition of the qr code. Some updates have made the photos better and better color management, despite the camera is the same. These are just some of the many updates that asus has released for zenfone 8 flip and have not arrived on 7 pro. Has a top-of-the-range phone that asus sold until last month been forgotten, or will they be released?
17 REPLIES 17

CVonC
Rising Star II
topolov

Don't worry, in a week someone from Asus will answer that update will be released soon.

(not everything will ne fixed, but security patch will be updated)

Typical scenario here. I hope maybe next year with A12 camera will be improved to ZF8 level, I don't believe devs want to do something now with A11.

View post

Lol and there it is, AmitGarde comes through with the goods.

slimghost
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53172/zenfone-7-pro-has-been-abandoned

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187592#Comment_187592

Next update for Zenfone 7/7pro is around the corner... Please be patient most probably next week is expected timeline to receive an update for Zenfone 7 series. This will also include latest security patch and other bug fixes.

Thanks!

View post
Already there, .112 version, August security
screenshot-20210927-110124703-1.jpg

topolov
Rising Star II
Who had a problems with touch?

darkie
Star II
Ok for small fixes and security updates. But I really feel teased if in September asus still sold zenfone 7 pro at the same price, and now the software gap between the 7 and the 8 flip is becoming more and more remarkable. I think I will stop buying asus, after 4 phones only asus purchased. Samsung and iPhone behave differently and, apart from the hardware, when they release an update on the features, it affects all supported devices in that range. Asus really disappointed me

CVonC
Rising Star II
darkie

Ok for small fixes and security updates. But I really feel teased if in September asus still sold zenfone 7 pro at the same price, and now the software gap between the 7 and the 8 flip is becoming more and more remarkable. I think I will stop buying asus, after 4 phones only asus purchased. Samsung and iPhone behave differently and, apart from the hardware, when they release an update on the features, it affects all supported devices in that range. Asus really disappointed me

View post
Yep 100% same here. They'll do the same for the ZenFone 8 when the 9 is released. Small fixes and security updates woopty do, upgraded features is what we want specially since we paid a premium for a bloody flagship! At least they have a suggestions forum to ignore though 🙄