This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widevine Downgraded to L3

deinski11
Star III
I need help with restoring widevine to L1 on my ROG Phone 3.
I dont recall when it started, but i'm currently on Android11 and with L3!!

So many frustrating issues with this phone.
24 REPLIES 24

deinski11
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187540#Comment_187540

Have you tried the link I have posted? If that doesn't work, then you would need to visit service centre to get it done for you.

View post
There's nothing there that'll help, from what I've read (unless I completely missed it). The thread is all complaints and a resolution probably DM/PM'd by the techs.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
deinski11

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187546#Comment_187546

There's nothing there that'll help, from what I've read (unless I completely missed it). The thread is all complaints and a resolution probably DM/PM'd by the techs.

View post
Reinstalling Netflix seem to have worked for the guy, I guess you can try that.

deinski11
Star III
Suffice to say, whether this is resolved or not, I will never buy another ASUS device again.
High price, poor support. Can't even resolve the black crush issue, and now their updates remove widevine L1.
Sheesh, this phone has been a nightmare.

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
If DRM shows Widevine L3 is not only a Netflix problem, so why reinstalling it would solve ahah.
Here on android 10 everything is still ok 😄 exept I can't delete andeoid 11 notification

ronald1985
Community Legend I
simo97.codega

If DRM shows Widevine L3 is not only a Netflix problem, so why reinstalling it would solve ahah.

Here on android 10 everything is still ok 😄 exept I can't delete andeoid 11 notification

View post
I don't know how it works for the guy in the link, but I guess you won't know till you try.
That's what I do anyway, try and error otherwise we don't learn 🙂
deinski11

Suffice to say, whether this is resolved or not, I will never buy another ASUS device again.

High price, poor support. Can't even resolve the black crush issue, and now their updates remove widevine L1.

Sheesh, this phone has been a nightmare.

View post
I guess the easiest way to solve it is by going to the service centre and let a technician deal with it. Moderators don't work over the weekends either, so that's why you haven't got a response yet.