This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you ASUS. A final bid thy farewell.

mrittickchoudhu
Star II
Starting off with an honest remark: I had a great time using the ZenFone 5Z in the initial year. However, if you really do care about your $$$ and experience, please DO NOT get a phone from Asus. Ever, really. Been a long-time user since 2014 (ZenFone 5, which happens to be the first phone in my lifetime) and 2018 (ZenFone 5Z). Twice did I trust, twice did I REGRET! The former had its CPU give up one morning randomly, and the latter one started to reboot randomly with unreliable cellular connection and battery drain. What's worse, they ended support by pushing such a software update that neither not only ever fix those issues throughout, but also BRICKED the camera focusing system. 
The pandemic restrictions, the not-so-understanding service-centres always looking for some quick cash, and the 'ZenTalk' community of "helpers" really did help me out...to really learn about the dark side of Asus and finally make the move out towards other manufacturers.
Whilst the direct competitor OnePlus 6T will be getting Android 11, even the 12 Beta with a perfectly working camera and reliable network connection (which is the very reason we buy a phone for amirite?). Now, we have this disappointing of a device (and manufacturer) that just failed us. Ended support by bricking things off - thanks Asus, I guess, so much for a flagship 'killer' (the irony 💀)
20 REPLIES 20

DeadBoy
Star III
mrittickchoudhury

Starting off with an honest remark: I had a great time using the ZenFone 5Z in the initial year. However, if you really do care about your $$$ and experience, please DO NOT get a phone from Asus. Ever, really. Been a long-time user since 2014 (ZenFone 5, which happens to be the first phone in my lifetime) and 2018 (ZenFone 5Z). Twice did I trust, twice did I REGRET! The former had its CPU give up one morning randomly, and the latter one started to reboot randomly with unreliable cellular connection and battery drain. What's worse, they ended support by pushing such a software update that neither not only ever fix those issues throughout, but also BRICKED the camera focusing system. 

The pandemic restrictions, the not-so-understanding service-centres always looking for some quick cash, and the 'ZenTalk' community of "helpers" really did help me out...to really learn about the dark side of Asus and finally make the move out towards other manufacturers.

Whilst the direct competitor OnePlus 6T will be getting Android 11, even the 12 Beta with a perfectly working camera and reliable network connection (which is the very reason we buy a phone for amirite?). Now, we have this disappointing of a device (and manufacturer) that just failed us. Ended support by bricking things off - thanks Asus, I guess, so much for a flagship 'killer' (the irony 💀)

Thank you ASUS. A final bid thy farewell.
I totally agree with you. no user support whatsoever. the company does not want to hear from us, its users. they just don't care about us. they make products only for profit, while other companies listen and try to please everyone. I have long been disappointed in the mobile division of the company. I will never allow myself to buy an ASUS smartphone again. even if they release the best smartphone in the world, I will not buy it. and all this is due to the fact that there is no support from the company. there are no administrators here, the moderators are bots that can't help with any problem. I am very sorry about my choice of an ASUS smartphone.

fussion_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you, since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.
1. We never leave our customers behind and if you have any issues, you can always create a thread and we will be always happy to help you.
2. Not sure about the dark side, you can let us know in detail. 
3. I am not comparing or talking ill about any other product, but if you follow a brand closely you will always find some or the other bug. Notably most comes with Android which needs some time to be ironed out. Also, it isn't necessary 1 bug will exactly replicate on all other phones (Cellular, camera) that you mentioned.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Asus is still defending itself. So what is this thing you do to 5z users?

hkorkut
Rising Star II
fussion_ASUS

Hi, please check your inbox for the private message I've sent you, since the further information that we need involves your personal information. Thank you.

1. We never leave our customers behind and if you have any issues, you can always create a thread and we will be always happy to help you.

2. Not sure about the dark side, you can let us know in detail. 

3. I am not comparing or talking ill about any other product, but if you follow a brand closely you will always find some or the other bug. Notably most comes with Android which needs some time to be ironed out. Also, it isn't necessary 1 bug will exactly replicate on all other phones (Cellular, camera) that you mentioned.

View post
You have given us a terrible zenfone 5z experience. We deserve at least a bug-fixed update