Did you mean: 

Armory Crate not working after latest update

HeLLbOy
Star II

Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: April
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time app is launched
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Armory Crate version 5.20.0.31_210813
After the latest update, the Armory Crate app doesn't work and launching it restarts the phone. I have reset the phone to factory defaults, as per support instructions, but the issue still remains.

8 REPLIES 8

FunBike31
Community Legend I
As this problem does not concern everyone, I am leaning towards a problem with the profile of a game.
There will be 2 ways to test this, delete the profile of each game one by one (if Armory create is accessible)
The second way is faster, if Armory create correctly stores the game profiles in the user's profile.
- Remove your Google account from the phone
The one that you use to play if you have several accounts (personal, pro)
- Stop the phone and start it
- go to Google profile and add your account.
This is the only operation that allows you to leave with a user profile that has been corrupted and is less restrictive than resetting the phone from the factory. (no loss of data), in some games that use the profile, you will have to re-teach your date of birth if it was requested and possibly basic information stored locally.
I forgot, if those who had this problem did a factory reset and still encounter the problem, then of course my solution is not good, but in this case I have no solution.

koli_gaurav
Star II
FunBike31

As this problem does not concern everyone, I am leaning towards a problem with the profile of a game.

There will be 2 ways to test this, delete the profile of each game one by one (if Armory create is accessible)

The second way is faster, if Armory create correctly stores the game profiles in the user's profile.

- Remove your Google account from the phone

The one that you use to play if you have several accounts (personal, pro)

- Stop the phone and start it

- go to Google profile and add your account.

This is the only operation that allows you to leave with a user profile that has been corrupted and is less restrictive than resetting the phone from the factory. (no loss of data), in some games that use the profile, you will have to re-teach your date of birth if it was requested and possibly basic information stored locally.

I forgot, if those who had this problem did a factory reset and still encounter the problem, then of course my solution is not good, but in this case I have no solution.

View post
I did perform factory reset twice and unfortunately while resetting the device for the second time I forgot to backup my phone and all my personal photos videos documents etc are all gone.. and the issue still persists.

Indr
Rising Star II
koli_gaurav

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186723#Comment_186723

I did perform factory reset twice and unfortunately while resetting the device for the second time I forgot to backup my phone and all my personal photos videos documents etc are all gone.. and the issue still persists.

View post
You may face WIFI/HOTSPOT off/on issue some days later..

I am facing same issue with armory crate crashing just 10 days later Wifi issue starts, don't know they related or not??

FunBike31
Community Legend I
HeLLbOy
  1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: April
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every time app is launched
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Armory Crate version 5.20.0.31_210813

After the latest update, the Armory Crate app doesn't work and launching it restarts the phone. I have reset the phone to factory defaults, as per support instructions, but the issue still remains.

Armory Crate not working after latest update
Hello,
After performing a factory reset and still this restart problem when launching Armory Create, have you tried to launch Armory Create before entering your Google account, you may have a different behavior depending on the order of operations.
a) factory reset
b) launch of armory create
Reboot of rog5 Yes / No?
c) Adding your Google account
Reboot of rog5 Yes / No?
If you have No in (B) and yes in (C), your Google account is the problem after you have synchronized data and settings.

in this case, there may be a connection with this
ASUS patches ROG Armoury Crate after security flaw found@ARP_ASUS
The latest Firmware is now several months behind the Android security updates, they are now all known and this is becoming critical, it is added that of the main application of Asus present on all Rog !!!, regardless of the Bug fixes, it would be desirable to have at least August and September urgently as well as a revision of Armory Create.