cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volume rocker getting stuck

Daemon_Byte
Star I
Hi all,
I dropped my rog 2 phone today and the case took the brunt so my screen and everything is fine but the volume rocker is getting stuck. If I press up or down it stays stuck there until I push it the other way. I have taken it apart and had a look and even removed the rocker itself and it seemed perfectly intact. So I assume something else in the phone broke that is supposed to right the rocker. Does anyone know what this is and where I can look to see if it's broken? I don't want to have to ditch the whole phone just because of this but I can't use in this state. Any slight knock to the buttons sets them off and frequently disables the power button in the process.
2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Daemon Byte

Hi all,

I dropped my rog 2 phone today and the case took the brunt so my screen and everything is fine but the volume rocker is getting stuck. If I press up or down it stays stuck there until I push it the other way. I have taken it apart and had a look and even removed the rocker itself and it seemed perfectly intact. So I assume something else in the phone broke that is supposed to right the rocker. Does anyone know what this is and where I can look to see if it's broken? I don't want to have to ditch the whole phone just because of this but I can't use in this state. Any slight knock to the buttons sets them off and frequently disables the power button in the process.

volume rocker getting stuck
Sounds like you are missing a rubbery/spring like from the rocker. But that was only a guess though. Probably take it to a phone repair shop?

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Daemon Byte,
I will recommend you to take it to your local Asus Service Center so that they can take a look at your device.