This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The network usage display in the status bar randomly stops working and shows a dot

edddd
Rising Star I
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_30.41.69.89
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always roughly 1-4 Weeks after every phone restart or Wifi toggle
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
This issue has been present ever since I enabled the current network usage / speed display in the status bar. At some point in time it stops working for Wifi and only shows a dot. To get it working I have to either disable & enable Wifi or restart the phone.
If the Wifi gets out of range or is disabled, it starts working. As soon as I get into Wifi, it stops working. Only tested on home Wifi so far.
6 REPLIES 6

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
The dot is shown if there is too much icons in the status bar, even if to you it's not "full", after a certain number of icons, it will show a dot.
Hotspot adds an icon, it may be one too much.
Do you have another icon that was not there before ? Like the camera flip lock one, or two sim cards ? Phone in vibrate mode only ?
Just remove icons you don't need and the network usage will always be shown, that's what I did.

edddd
Rising Star I
morenomiguel1986

The dot is shown if there is too much icons in the status bar, even if to you it's not "full", after a certain number of icons, it will show a dot.

Hotspot adds an icon, it may be one too much.

Do you have another icon that was not there before ? Like the camera flip lock one, or two sim cards ? Phone in vibrate mode only ?

Just remove icons you don't need and the network usage will always be shown, that's what I did.

View post
You're right, it was the vibrate-only mode making the status bar overflow. So this dot is a general Android thing when it's full? They could've used three dots so people actually understand...