Issue with accessibility services and app running in background

MegaloxMegalox Level 2
edited September 6 in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0410.2108.158
  3. Rooted or not: nope
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Force Stop Apps / Calculator

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Kia Ora / Heya,

I've noticed that after the upgrade to .158 (yes with factory reset), the accessibility isn't working properly.

In order to reproduce this go to accessibility and enable one of the services listed there, the service doesn't activate until you toggle disable and enable. In summary, in order to activate it, you need to do it twice.

The Calculator application starts automatically even though I force stop it, this didn't happen before. Yes, it's got all settings to prevent this from restarting automatically, it's battery optimised, clear cache and date, etc.

Chur

Comments

• @Megalox I'm unable to replicate this on my device. Can you upload a screen recording for us to look at?

• Sure thing, here you are

• Hey there,

I've tested further and here you are my findings:

When I turning off/on or restarting the phone; then I try the app, the issue doesn't happen. After that, I try the service again and the issue appears again and it's consistent until I turn off/restart the phone.

In order to rule out the application, I've tested the same latest version of the application on another Android versions: 6.0.1 and 10. The service/app works fine.

Thanks

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

Try setting the Accessibility app to be excluded from any battery optimizations. i.e. Battery Master.

• Yes I've tried that and didn't work (just to rule out things), but I wouldn't say that that is related as the use case is:

I open the application itself when I need to, then it force stops itself. The problem is with accessibility service on Android, not the application; otherwise it'd have been replicated on the other Android versions mentioned. This was working fine on Android 10/Rog 3, therefore it's more likely something with the upgrade to 11.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, appreciated 🤙