Did you mean: 

How Many years can Rog 3 last

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

4 REPLIES 4

jayanthbhatta
Star III
i think 3 to 4 years atleast

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
As long as the IC chip hasn't died,it can last well over 5 years,or at least until the battery is completely and utterly damaged

BPM
Rising Star II
Depends on what your needs/wants are.
Generally speaking, the hardware is pretty good, and should be able to handle any games/apps thrown at it for the next several years. Mobile games rarely push graphical advancements, due to needing to work with as many devices as possible (including both Android and iOS).
Software wise? That's where things get questionable. We have no idea if the phone will officially get Android 12, and who knows how long ASUS will provide security updates for it. Though, that's kind of a fault with all Android phone manufacturers (except Google themselves, and Samsung seems to be decent with updates).
Now, if you're willing to experiment, there's always the option of unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom ROM. There seems to be a few I'm development for the phone, and custom ROMs tend to be supported for a long longer than official ROMs... At least, of there's still demand for the device itself.
Aside from that, the other issue you'll face in the long-term is battery degradation. Lithium-ion batteries lose maximum capacity over time, so you're going to eventually find yourself where each charge lasts a shorter and shorter amount of time. My general experience is it becomes noticable after 2 years. There's the possibly of replacing the battery, but you'll likely want a professional to do that (due to how nearly every phone manufacturer no longer thinks user-replaceable batteries are necessary).

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
The question is rather strange as it will depend on the situations you put it in. If you avoid the ASUS charger and only use chargers with a max of 12v I would say the phone lasts as long as you want it to last.