ZT_11u3rd673a
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2107.151
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: first time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fingerprint sensor
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So my ROG5 got a problem just now, the phone just suddenly couldn't detect my sim card, after a restart it appear to be normal again but fingerprint sensor is missing.

and the moment i launch SMMI_TEST (test hardware), it skip the fingerprint sensor instead and start on 3rd test (wifi test).

update:
after a factory reset, during phone setup on fingerprint page.

It just show the following message:
Enrollment was not completed
Fingerprint enrollment didn't work. Try again or use a different finger.

it seems like the sensor component is busted.
7 REPLIES 7

ZT_11u3rd673a
Star II
anirudh2885

@ZT_11u3rd673a are you from Hyderabad ? Even I have faced the same issue. Didn't expect this to happen on such a mobile. Could you tell me if you have a Asus Service center or a 3rd party service center ??

View post
No, i'm from malaysia.
since im still new and can't post any link, i think you could google service center around india and look for the closest service center on your location in their official website.

I actually had a good experience back in 2015/6 with zen phone series.
But Rog5 launch is disaster, all the post I saw in my local group was about sim card problem and unable to boot.
Some local user also claim they had to go back and forth to service due to phone issues, with slow process and lengthy service time (probably effected by covid ?)

I already passed my phone to my local service center they told me it would take about 2-3week, but I doubt it.
will update once I get my phone back.

ZT_11u3rd673a
Star II
anirudh2885

@ZT_11u3rd673a are you from Hyderabad ? Even I have faced the same issue. Didn't expect this to happen on such a mobile. Could you tell me if you have a Asus Service center or a 3rd party service center ??

View post
I'm from malaysia.
since im new, i can't post any link but you could google asus india service center and find the service center closest to your location in their website.

I actually had good experience back in 2015/6 with zen phone series.
But Rog5 launch is like disaster, all the post i saw in my local group was about sim card detection problem and unable to boot.
Some local user also claim they had to go back and forth to the service center due to the problem on their phone, the service as mention by them is slow and lenghty process (probably effected by covid ?).

And my opinion on the snapdragon chip made by samsung was meh.

I already passed my phone to my local service center today morning, they told me it would take about 2-3week to fix, but i doubt it will take a longer time.
will update once i got my phone back.

anirudh2885
Star I
Thank you for the reply. I have already received the list of service centers, but both the service centers have bad reviews. Don't know if they have been trained properly due to the pandemic situation.
You can check out youtube videos by user Gaming Pandit (GamingPanditg). He has made a video about it and many comments by people facing it too. He did take it to the service center and got it repaired in 10 days.
I just lost confidence on 3rd party authorized service center as they do multiple companies services.
Really didn't expect this to happen from a brand such as Asus.