Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX580
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: lots
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have been through all of the resets, downloading drivers, rolling back to the original bios etc to try to get the screenpad to update to 2.0 I wont, probably due to me reformatting my hard drive (2 years ago) due to a BSOD. What is missing from the regular windows OS that prevents the ScreenPad from updating? I know I can purchase the original OS from B**Com but since I live in Canada (which I beleive B**com thinks is a 3rd world country) because they dont ship to Canada.
7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Please kindly send the device directly to our service center and we can help you to rebuild the factory OS.

Find service locations - Canada (English) | Official Support | ASUS Canada
Thank you.

graemem
Star I
Hi, its my school and work laptop, I can't. I was going to drive it there but since COVID walk-in's are not allowed. Does anyone have the original disk or an ISO?

graemem
Star I
or does anyone know what is missing that causes the 1001 error on the ScreedPad 1.0-2.0?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
If you are not using the factory OS, then you can not run the upgrade successfully.
Please kindly send the device back to our service center and we will install factory OS for you, and if you want to upgrade to 2.0, our service center can do that for you.
Thank you.