FN+Arrow Keys no longer change aura brightness of the keyboard_ Brand New Asus TUF A15 FA506QM

Comments

• @Blake_ASUS

Hi Blake,

Same issue here like the others. the wrong SN and the problem with Fn+Arrow up & down. it was ok the first day after the purchase but stopped working after windows update/my asus/armoury crate and updating bios via windows.

bios: 307

model: FA506QM

• @Blake_ASUS

Im having the same issue here. Please send me the solution as well.

• Hi @DeadCell & @Killer1109 ,

PM sent.

Please kindly check and reply.

Thank you so much.

• QiqoQiqo Level 1

Hi blake please help, i too am having the same problem, my serial number has changed after the bios update

• Hi @Blake_ASUS , I also have had the exact same problem keyboard problem for the past month.

I bought the laptop and updated its software the next day and my bios got updated to version 307 (which i guess has this problem)

If you have any solution can you help me.

BIOS version:- 307

MODEL:- Asus TUF A15 2021 (5800h and RTX 3060)

FA566QM (It is written behind the laptop but by my research, it is the same as FA506QM i guess)

• My other post is censored for some reasons. This is confirmed to be a bug in the firmware. As of 04/09/2021, the backlight control still does not work in the BIOS. The beta driver sent to me by Blake makes it work before the computer is booted into Windows, Linux, or BIOS. It stops working after. Also, the backlight setting from before the computer is booted into OS gets reset. Therefore, we can conclude that this is a bug, and it fails to function as it should. This is NOT a feature request. The backlight should be able to change IN THE BIOS. Heck, even my 15 dollar mechanical keyboard backlight change properly in the BIOS.

DO NOT CENSOR THIS AGAIN

• Hi there,

If you can help to cooperate with troubleshooting, me and our technical team would really appreciate and always waiting to help. Thank you.

• ZT-8b1d8a65ZT-8b1d8a65 Level 1
    edited September 8

Dear @Blake_ASUS , @Falcon_ASUS

I got the problem with my laptop' serial number after a bios update. It has been changed into SSNN123456789123456 :)). I do not know why. Could anyone send to me an firmware to fix it?

Laptop: FA506QM

Version bios: 305

Windows 10 64bit

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes.

• @Blake_ASUS Hi,

Sorry for not answering your quote a month ago, I didn't see the notification. I have the same spec as the others with the same problem, namely:

• The fn + arrowUp / arrowDown stopped working after updating through Windows Update
    • The serial number is this weird SSN12345678901234567

My BIOS version is FA706QM.307.

Thank you for your time & cheers!

Pierre

• Hi there,

Please check the PM I sent you.

Thank you so much.

• @Blake_ASUS Hi,

May you help me too, please?

fn+f3 and fn+f4 don`t work. I can`t off my keyboard light. At the same time fn+f(1,2, 5-12) work.

fn+f3 and fn+f4 worked fine a few months ago, but after one of the Windows updates they didn`t, so I used a backup and didn`t get any updates after that. Everything was fine but I had to reinstall my Windows and now they aren`t working again.

I reinstalled ATK packages, installed BIOS update in MyASUS app, but it didn`t help

My laptop is ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD-DM479

I use Windows 10 64bit

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best wishes.

• Seung SuSeung Su Level 1
    edited September 25

@Blake_ASUS

Hi, Blake.

I have same issue. Can you please help me?

I bought this Laptop at a second hands shop. no OS version.

I am not sure how was it. But I am realized it does not work when I am setting all drivers and windows updates..

Only backlights works at turn on and turn off. very shortly. During Window OS works, backlights does not work.

• The fn + arrowUp / arrowDown stopped working after updating through Windows Update
    • The serial number is M3NRCX044676138

My BIOS version is FA706QM.307.

Would you like to send me mail to [email protected]?

Thank you!

Jude

• HowlstarHowlstar Level 1
    edited October 7

Dear @Blake_ASUS ,

i recently found this thread, i do have the same issue, since a few month and bhrought this laptop early this year,

every single fn key work, except from the fn arrow up/down to change the aura brightness of the keyboard.

i forgot to add that my bios sn also changed to an odd number :ssn12345678901234567

could you send me the fix please.

model : A15 TUF566QR

SN: LCNRCX01K78551F

bios version 408

Thank you.

• Hi there,

I have reported your case and waiting for the solution.

I will keep you updated.

Thank you.

• AshDeeAshDee Level 1

Hello @Blake_ASUS . I just saw this post regarding the RGB issue. I have the same issue. SInce I don't use the RGB light I had ignored the problem.

Here are my system details

BIOS ver- FA506QR.408

Asus SysConInt- 3.0.12.10

SN - MyASUS (SSN12345678901234567)

Sticker on the laptop- M1NRCX00L106025