cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zenfone 8 remove camera from lock screen

cdr4
Star II
Hello,
How to remove camera shortcut from lock screen?
11 REPLIES 11

daniel91m
Rising Star II
"This is a big security lack, someone can easily access photos in Gallery." <---> "I use only lock screen without fingerprint, password or face detection unlock."
@cdr4 is this a joke?

cdr4
Star II
The whole joke is that my 2 old cheap (non flagship) phones from 2015 have this option initially, but for Asus flagship 2021 this is from the realm of fantasy, may be Asus will add it/ may be not...
Any icon (access to any app) on lock screen is a security lack. In my opinion the first icon on lock screen must be the "Phone" because it is main function of device (like on my old phone). But there is no it on lock screen because it is no secure. Someome can't make call from lock screen, but can make photos.
I have decided to use my phone in some security level (without passwords) and from any reasons I want to remove some app from lock screen - what is wrong?
Old Samsung 2015 have Phone and Camera icons on lock screen by default, and have options to edit it...
It's all.

Blumi
Rising Star II
If you wish to disable the camera do it via disabling the permissions.

And, of course, if your children use your phone without any lockscreen permission they will find their way to the camera app eventually. I mean, double press the lock key and get to the camera by default....

But yeah, it would be nice to have this feature. Maybe bring it up in the feature thread.

cdr4
Star II
The feature thread is closed.

Blumi
Rising Star II