This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera flip motor issues

I just bought a Zenfone 6 and it's had issues since I took it out of the box. Pressing the button to switch from normal camera to selfie camera only gets 90% rotation, as well as the message "Camera cannot flip." I can continue rotating the camera from there manually and it'll reach 100%. Switching from selfie camera to normal camera also leaves the camera 10% out. Pressing the "Retract Camera" button or manually finishing the rotation gets it all the way in. When I try manually changing the camera angle, the motor makes weird noises and sometimes slips. You can see it in the video.
I've been using it without a case, so it shouldn't be a proximity sensor issue.
It seems to me like some of the teeth in the motor mechanism's gears aren't meshing, but I'd love to hear that it's a software problem. Anyone got any thoughts? Am I SOL?

2 REPLIES 2

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I can't hear any weird sound. This is the way it sounds. Recalibrate your flip camera in Settings, it may solve that movement

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
theodorettshaw

I just bought a Zenfone 6 and it's had issues since I took it out of the box. Pressing the button to switch from normal camera to selfie camera only gets 90% rotation, as well as the message "Camera cannot flip." I can continue rotating the camera from there manually and it'll reach 100%. Switching from selfie camera to normal camera also leaves the camera 10% out. Pressing the "Retract Camera" button or manually finishing the rotation gets it all the way in. When I try manually changing the camera angle, the motor makes weird noises and sometimes slips. You can see it in the video.

I've been using it without a case, so it shouldn't be a proximity sensor issue.

It seems to me like some of the teeth in the motor mechanism's gears aren't meshing, but I'd love to hear that it's a software problem. Anyone got any thoughts? Am I SOL?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/175/4PFCY38RD9U6.mp4

Camera flip motor issues
I've never seen a ZenFone 6 flip like that. Does it look like this every time?