This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable all audio post processing (Dirac)

pierre_nicolas
Star II
The zenfone now seems like the phone to buy if you care about audio quality.
3.5 mm headphone jack
High quality, loud stereo speakers
Supports all the Bluetooth streaming protocols and has a strong transmitter
But none of the reviews warned me that there's an always-on program constantly altering my audio.
Listening to music via LDAC on a Samsung, Sony, and HTC device all sounds the same, but with the zenfone sending audio, it is suddenly more compressed losing both clarity and dynamic range.
I will never understand why companies go to so much effort just to shoot themselves in the foot. Who wants a headphone jack in 2021 AND some chintzy audio enhancer messing with their audio?!
I can live with a lot of the quirks of this phone, but without the ability to completely disable the "audio wizard" I will be forced to return the phone.
9 REPLIES 9

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@edddd @pierre_nicolas
Dirac tuning is not doing anything to the 3.5 mm output if:
Music mode is selected in AudioWizard and..
No headphone profile is selected in AudioWizard.

Germans
Star III
erik.paladin

It literary says in this post:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175115#Comment_175115

DIrac tuning , if no headphones are chosen in Audio Wizard, is not doing anything to the 3.5mm output.

The frequency response by default is flat for music

View post
@Gustav_ASUS How can I de-select a headset profile? I can't find the way, always defaulting to ROG Cetra Core.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Germans Does it revert back to Cetra Core if you select 'Original' in the profiles page?
If so, please clear the cache of AudioWizard.
(Search settings for AudioWizard -> App info -> Storage & cache -> clear cache and reboot your device.)

Germans
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Germans Does it revert back to Cetra Core if you select 'Original' in the profiles page?

If so, please clear the cache of AudioWizard.

(Search settings for AudioWizard -> App info -> Storage & cache -> clear cache and reboot your device.)

View post
Thanks! It worked.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III