cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative USB-C chargers for Zenfone 8 don't seem to work

rej
Star II
Hi,
I'm starting to think there's an issue with the Zenfone 8 (or with mine), as I can't seem to get my Zenfone 8 to charger with an alternative USB-C to USB-C charger (this should select USB PD as charging protocol). The standard/included ASUS hypercharger works fine. But with all the other ones, it stops charging after a few seconds.
I've tried:
Anker powerport atom III slim 63w
Elecjet x21 GaN 62W PD(PPS) charger
The Asus Zenfone 8 will not charge from the chargers USB-c output ports. If i use an USB-A output port with a USB-A to USB-C cable, it will charge fine. The chargers are working fine with their USB-c ports on my other devices.
Anyone has any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @rej,
I will send you a PM, please check you Zentalk inbox 😉

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
rej

Hi,

I'm starting to think there's an issue with the Zenfone 8 (or with mine), as I can't seem to get my Zenfone 8 to charger with an alternative USB-C to USB-C charger (this should select USB PD as charging protocol). The standard/included ASUS hypercharger works fine. But with all the other ones, it stops charging after a few seconds.

I've tried:

• Anker powerport atom III slim 63w
  • Elecjet x21 GaN 62W PD(PPS) charger

The Asus Zenfone 8 will not charge from the chargers USB-c output ports. If i use an USB-A output port with a USB-A to USB-C cable, it will charge fine. The chargers are working fine with their USB-c ports on my other devices.

Anyone has any ideas?

Alternative USB-C chargers for Zenfone 8 don't seem to work
I've noticed the same issue but not with charging but with data transfer to my PC. Since my old laptop doesn't have USB C ports I'd have to use USB-C to USB 3.0 cable however I'm not able to establish a stable connection and it device keeps disconnecting from my PC. Not sure if issue is with the cable itself or the phone but my old LG phone works though with no issues.