Ali_Merchant
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2107.151
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

No vibration while receiving call,
Proximity sensor not working
But I can feel vibration on Tap & Typing.
After Formatting, All worked back to normal for one day but then again same issue from next day...

9 REPLIES 9

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Proximity sensor at times suddenly stops working during calls and whatsapp calls. After restarting the phone it works well. This is a recurring problem. Entire screen goes black but the vibration and touches can be felt. Proximity sensor is fine but i think its a software glitch. The same thing had happened once during the beta updates of ROG 3. After repeated complaints from the user's it was rectified.

Moxy
Star II
same problem, when will you solve ??

ramzi_bourguiba
Star III
ReaperZ_Wolf

Proximity sensor at times suddenly stops working during calls and whatsapp calls. After restarting the phone it works well. This is a recurring problem. Entire screen goes black but the vibration and touches can be felt. Proximity sensor is fine but i think its a software glitch. The same thing had happened once during the beta updates of ROG 3. After repeated complaints from the user's it was rectified.

View post
Good explanation I have this problem since the beginning the test tells that all working but in true it stops especially when I'm in 1 call in my car with a sunny day, in the car screen all black and the sun it goes on

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ketoweb

@ARP_ASUS Hey man, I am facing the exact same problem and it was introduced with the .151 update. The same proximity sensor issue and phone not vibrating when receiving a call. This is very frustrating, what should we be doing?

Did the calc test also, the sensors are failing. But this is a software issue because haptic feedback works fine. The proximity issue can be fixed via calibration.

How do we report this to Asus?

View post
If it's failing in calc test, it's recommended to visit the service centre. I would vouch if calc test passes but fails to run normally in apps, then maybe a software issue. But in your case, you need to visit service centre.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185480#Comment_185480

If it's failing in calc test, it's recommended to visit the service centre. I would vouch if calc test passes but fails to run normally in apps, then maybe a software issue. But in your case, you need to visit service centre.

View post
Its a software bug. And all in the forum knows that after every update there are new bugs generated. This is the Asus way🤣