cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone app paste to dialer BUG

dron39
Rising Star II
Hi,
I noticed that on .115 update i got some strange behavior of dialer in default (ASUS) phone app.

When I try to paste copied in clipboard phone number to dialer by pressing empty line when it should be - I got nothing. I mean I can't paste anything there. Sometimes when i pretty accurate continously push to middle of dialer - I start to see very very small cursor (vertical line "|") and then I can paste copied phone number. After I paste something there cursor ("|") goes in it's normal size.
Same if I can't enter anything from clipboard there I can tap to any digit in dialer and then cursor appears and I can paste phone there.
screenshot-20210909-221121852.jpg
screenshot-20210909-221150049.jpg

Check screenshots please and pay attention to size of blue cursor. I need to tap to any digit and then delete it to be able to paste there anything. Otherwise I can tap there many times and 1 out of 10 times my attempt will be succesfull with small cursor.

Cache of phone app was cleared (even twice) after update but this didn't help. Haven't noticed this on .103 and previous FW updates
Please fix!
11 REPLIES 11

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@dron39 One thing I'd like you to check is if the issue persists when changing system language to English.
And no, I'm unable to reproduce this issue on my device. (UI in English.)

dron39
Rising Star II
@Gustav_ASUS
Yes. Problem persist on English (US) UI language. I even manually reboot phone after change UI.
When you first time open dialer app (or after manually stop it) or until you tap to any digit in dialer panel) - I'm not able to tap to this area (marked by green on picture).
screenshot-20210921-113113110-281-29.jpg

I can make you a small video with bug repdoducing but let me know how to share it with you? I don't want to share it with everyone (because of phone numbers in dialer).

dron39
Rising Star II
@Gustav_ASUS
Could you please p.m. me? I can't pm you and I will reply to you with link to video (i recorded it from other phone from screen of ZF8).

dron39
Rising Star II
@Gustav_ASUS
Hi!
After update to yesterday software update I can say that problem is still present on 30.12.112.22 !
I sent to @Irene2_ASUS video of ZF8 screen when I use dialer, recorded by other phone. Please pm me if you would like to watch to it too. I can't send pm to anyone, only as reply.
Please fix it!

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@dron39 I'll send you instructions on how to log your device via PM. 👍