This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update .115

off2fly115
Rising Star II
New Update just rolled out. How is it for everybody?
screenshot-20210902-025046379.jpg

75 REPLIES 75

LastRedWitch
Star III
off2fly115

New Update just rolled out. How is it for everybody?

screenshot-20210902-025046379.jpg

New Update .115
Still showing Security Patch dated July! Storage Manager still crashes every time I open it! No games, music or video apps, or files are loaded. So, it can't be blamed on extra junk.

LastRedWitch
Star III
madizon5

Nice, Now please solve energy consumption in idle mode.... 2% per 1 hour is terrible.

View post
The heaviest "idle" consumers are the screen & radios. Any app remaining in background that has wifi/data rights often continues accessing the networks after you've switched to something else.
ASUS UI has a great Mobile Manager tools, use them! They are the next best thing to rooting & firewalling! (My reason for buying their mobile devices - no rooting needed!) You can manage access to Data & WiFi for many system and all installed apps.
-- the fix:
screenshot-20210921-030756785.jpg

Check Battery usage - select app usage to find any obvious culprits. (see Pic) This is not very explicit, but you may find a power hog. Enable Developer Options to View all apps and cached processes that are actually running and eating your battery.
Before you set phone down for night: open Mobile Manager:
Run Scan
Run Memory Cleaner
Run Cleanup
Restart phone.
Also check Startup Manager, (I only allow my Weather app & AVG Antivirus to autostart).
I always shut off Data, WiFi, Location & BT when I'm not actively using them. {set MMS to receive when Data is not enabled to avoid late/missed messages}
Remember when Data, Location, BT & WiFi are turned on and idle, they still are sending keep alives and accept & reply to incoming pings and other traffic. Finally- Deny all apps Body and Physical activity permissisons unless you use them - another constant radio & sensor using feature.
Best of luck!

LastRedWitch
Star III
madizon5

I localized the main problem with energy consumption. It is 4G net. I have switched to 2G/3G networks only and the power consumption has reduced significantly.

Default mode is durable (22:00 - 5:00 extra durable) In idle mode consumed 2,5% for 9 hours.

Unfortunately I have last oportunity return phone and get money back today. So, I will return it back - I hope that the new update solve this issue.

View post
Beware... Most US providers are sundowning and phasing out 2 & 3 G. I personally was not receiving calls or messages until I enabled 5G and VoLT! My battery lasts 2-4 days, (no hot problems ever) unless I'm doing a lot of internet, long calls or other heavy radiocentric stuff. I'm also a security nut, so I strictly limit app radio access with Mobil Manager and permissions.

cicagorio
Rising Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Elmir,

In regards of your battery drain, please try the following;

1.Charge your device to 100% on your usual mode, and then check in the morning the battery level.

2. Try the same the following day before going to bed charge your device to 100% and then set it to flight mode, then check in the morning battery level.

This way we can compare and check performance of your battery consumption

3.Also can you confirm which configuration you have? Is it 8/128 or 8/256 or 16/256?

Thanks. 

View post
Hi @Irene2_ASUS,
Sending you what you have asked.
1:
screenshot-20210923-071038014.jpg
2:
screenshot-20210922-080029797.jpg
However under number 1, when I use the phone for one hour, the android os and android system battery usage goes up a lot - in 10% of battery spent for 1h of browsing it accounted for 2.2% and I was only browsing the Internet with Firefox. Screenshot:
screenshot-20210923-081250914-1.jpg

As mentioned before I have 8/128GB version

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Elmir,
Thanks for your reply. There's not necessarily anything strange or abnormal about seeing Android System and Android OS in the list, that's just how the device operates.
If you have low idle drain with flight mode on, it's most likely your wi-fi or cellular network (apps communicating in the background, making API calls etc) that's draining your battery.