kmoussa63
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

9 REPLIES 9

kmoussa63
Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @kmoussa63,

I'll move your thread to the Zenfone 8 section.

Regarding your issue, can you confirm that you are on the latest 30.11.51.115 update?

View post
Hi Irene yes iam on the latest update.
Thank you for your help!!

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @kmoussa63,
You can try the following:
Clear cache files system-wide. (Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile manager -> Cleanup)
Clear the cache of ASUS Launcher and Android System.
Reboot your device.
If not fixed by the above, consider backing up your personal data and then perform a factory reset.

kmoussa63
Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @kmoussa63,

You can try the following:

1. Clear cache files system-wide. (Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile manager -> Cleanup)
  2. Clear the cache of ASUS Launcher and Android System.
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. If not fixed by the above, consider backing up your personal data and then perform a factory reset.

View post
Hi Irene
I've tried what you suggested but it's still not working. What else can you please recommend.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @kmoussa63,
Any underline number can be copied just by clicking on the underline number.
For numbers that are underline simply tap them once, text message app is conceptual and underlines dates times, numbers in general, you don't need to long press as this will copy the whole text.
If the number isn't underline then you can just copy the number by tapping on it and also will display a message to clipboard the number. It is not a bug is just the standard behavior of the google messages app.

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
kmoussa63

My problem is the copy and paste. If I receive a message with a code of numbers and only want to copy the numbers I press on the numbers to copy but the hole message gets copied. When I go to paste the code the hole gets pasted. With my Samsung s10 in the same situation the code of numbers are underlined so when I touch on the pass code because they are underlined that's all that gets copied and I can just paste what's underlined nothing else. But this is not happening with my Asus zenfone 8. Any suggestions would be great

Many thanks

View post
Post here - https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/zenfone-8-ww
You posted under Rog 3, hence you won't find any help here. it's better to ask in respective device group