This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Plugged in stuck at 3%

Hi,
My battery isn't charging. It just says "plugged in" and its stuck at 3%. I replaced the battery, still its giving the same message. I did an EC reset, updated the bios, removed and re-inserted the battery, uninstalled power related items in the device manager, but nothing helped.
Is there any way to fix this?
image.png
My device is GL552jX
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I

Vysakhkarthikeyan

Hi,

My battery isn't charging. It just says "plugged in" and its stuck at 3%. I replaced the battery, still its giving the same message. I did an EC reset, updated the bios, removed and re-inserted the battery, uninstalled power related items in the device manager, but nothing helped.

image.png

My device is GL552jX

Just boot with Linux live DVD ., login into Linux, then see if battery charges or not, if battery charges means , the your battery works well.

Hi Raju,
I tried even that. It's showing 3% even in linux and not charging.

etsachin
Star II
Vysakhkarthikeyan

Hi,

image.png

My device is GL552jX

Please mention the device model also go to performance tab in task manager and confirm that it isn't locked into 0.4Ghz

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Is the battery changed by our service center?
I'm afraid that there might be issue with the motherboard.
Thank you.