Rog phone 5 ulti heating issue

B_4_C_2_D_0
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog phone 5 ulti
Firmware Version:.151
Rooted or not:no root
Frequency of Occurrence: phone getting hot evenwhile doing menial daily tasks
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): spotifyrunning in the background, reddit browsing, messenger
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've had this phone for about 3 to 4 days now and my temps while doing regular daily tasks seem to heat up my phone and it's concerning given i basically paid a kidney for this thing.
My temps are as follows while doing ordinary daily light multitasking activities(spotify, reddit browsing, messaging etc.)
Cpu steady at 37c it reaches 42 to 45c when i play spotify in the background
Same with gpu temps
System temp is at 30 to 35c
Do i have a heating issue? Others have mentioned in rog community connect that i should return my unit.shoud i?
I really like this phone cause it fits and even exceeds my needs.
Thanks in advance
screenshot-20210915-142457661.jpg
screenshot-20210915-142436949.jpg
To add to this my temps are at 35c cpu and 33c batt at idle.
My settings are at 50%brightness
Dynamic mode
Auto refresh rate
20 REPLIES 20

waxy78611
Zen Master I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186400#Comment_186400

You have to explain to me how you were able to determine that disabling BT and GPS did something for you. The power consumption of the BT 5.x in standby is 1mW, deep 1uW, that of the GPS is 0 as long as an application does not use it. Neither of these 2 actions can have an impact on consumption and heating.

When to uninstall the application with ADB, if it was pre-installed on the Rog5, I hope you know exactly what you are doing, better in any case than the two deactivations above since you do not have mention security and confidentiality which would be the only reasons for wanting to do this.

Or can not be in 60 hz and in dynamic mode all the time?

Mr. Who is absolutely right but the loss at 30 ° remains contained and is a normal value in telephony, only certain sectors can afford to integrate a cooling / heating system to keep the batteries at 20-25 ° (hybrid / electric car, airplane, construction machine, etc.)

You give impressions of heat but not the corresponding temperatures and without indicating the ambient temperature it makes no sense.

View post
Hi sir, okay let me try to be as descriptive as possible 👍
Regarding Bluetooth and GPS, they way I figured out they cause unecessary battery consumption is through GSAM Battery monitor. I've enabled ADB stats on GSAM so I can access wakelocks.. so, bearing this in mind, when I put the phone on standby, say overnight or when I'm not using it, the wakelock counter would increase, not by loads, but still noticeable which told me that something or somethings are keeping phone awake, no matter how brief which is taking up battery. So, I turned off GPS and Bluetooth to conserve as much power as possible 👍
Regarding ADB, I'm very experienced with this as I do it with almost every phone I get. I mainly debloat user apps as opposed to system apps, the latter being core apps which can brick the phone 🙂 a few online searches also helps with which apps are safe to debloat via ADB 👍
I'm always on 60hz and dynamic mode, it gives best battery life with good performance/speed. I only use durable once I reach 20% or around 30% if I'm unable to charge (travelling or at work) 👍
Look dude, I have no reason to make stuff up. The phone does get unecessarily warm even with extremely light usage. Room temperature in most cases is about 20 degrees (I'm in UK). As compared to my Huawei, the Rog 5 is significantly Warmer with similar usage. Even with more intense usage on my Huawei, it doesn't go above 27 degrees unless I'm out in hot weather
Finally, when I'm charging even on steady charge mode, it goes to about 37 degrees, however, I bought a funcooler from black shark, funcooler 2 which I attach to Rog 5 while charging, the temperature never goes above 20 degrees using the cooler