This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aptX adaptive - quality issues

kr0mka
Rising Star I
Hi, when using aptX adaptive compatible tws, randomly, sometimes after one minute of playback, sometimes longer, the quality starts degrading to the point of ending up with 1 channel mono sound that's heavily compressed.
If I switch codecs to regular aptX, sbc or aac in developer options, the sound is perfectly okay, even at long ranges. Adaptive has issues even at very short distances.
The tws i use here is Moondrop Sparks. I don't have any other iem or phone that is aptx adaptive compatible so can't really check on a different phone.
I've been in contact with moondrop and they have no clue if it's on tws side, as they didn't receive any other reports of something like that happening.
I would be happy to provide any logs if necessary, @Gustav_ASUS - are you the correct person for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@kr0mka Reset your Bluetooth settings and reboot your device. See if that simple trick resolves your issue.
Settings -> System -> Reset options -> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
If the issue persists I'll send you instructions on how to log your device. Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@kr0mka Reset your Bluetooth settings and reboot your device. See if that simple trick resolves your issue.
If the issue persists I'll send you instructions on how to log your device. Let me know how it goes.

kr0mka
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

View post
Thanks for the suggestion, made the reset and started testing. So far so good, but I'll let you know if the issue comes back over the weekend.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@kr0mka Please do. Happy weekend!

kr0mka
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS. Thanks! I think the issue was resolved with the Bluetooth settings reset. It didn't happen again over the weekend.