Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX480FD
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description: At some point over the past few months, my extension display has stopped working, I have noticed people with similar problems in the forum, but I haven't seen a solution yet. I have fully updated all my drivers and reinstalled the Asus screen pad utilities and updated all graphics drivers. The screenpad works fine, it is just the extension display, it is recognised properly as a Toshiba display, but it appears as a black screen, when I cast it. I am reluctant to upgrade to screenpad 2.0 as it was noted that it is not mature enough at this stage. Any help would be much appreciated, since it is quite a nice feature and I would like to get it back again.
7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Jarez,
We would need to sperate your post in to different issue
1.your toshiba monitor can be recognized, but can not be displayed
=>how did you connect this external monitor? by HDMI port to...?Any hub or coverter?
Can I have the complete model name of the monitor and have you tried any other external monitor?
2.Screenpad 1.0 only work as display extension =>have you ever reinstall your own OS?

Just for your reference is that Screenpad 2.0 is actually a lot more convenient than the 1.0 and has been developing and used on many new models for more than 2 years.
Thank you.

Jarez
Star I
Hi Blake,
Sorry for the confusion, the Toshiba display I was talking about is the model of the Screenpad display and appears under that name in devices. My laptop works fine with any display when using the HDMI port. To be clear again, the Screenpad mode in the touchpad fully works, it is just the extension display functionality in the touchpad which does not and appears as a black screen (with the backlight on though).
Thanks.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Jarez,
When you switch to extension display, the screenpad does not display...
then how about pressing WIN+P and switch in different mode?
Thank you.

Jarez
Star I
Nope nothing either, black screen (backlight on) for all projection options on the touchpad, my issue is similar to: ScreenPad Extension Display Not Functioning — ZenTalk (asus.com)