cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone app paste to dialer BUG

dron39
Rising Star II
Hi,
I noticed that on .115 update i got some strange behavior of dialer in default (ASUS) phone app.

When I try to paste copied in clipboard phone number to dialer by pressing empty line when it should be - I got nothing. I mean I can't paste anything there. Sometimes when i pretty accurate continously push to middle of dialer - I start to see very very small cursor (vertical line "|") and then I can paste copied phone number. After I paste something there cursor ("|") goes in it's normal size.
Same if I can't enter anything from clipboard there I can tap to any digit in dialer and then cursor appears and I can paste phone there.
screenshot-20210909-221121852.jpg
screenshot-20210909-221150049.jpg

Check screenshots please and pay attention to size of blue cursor. I need to tap to any digit and then delete it to be able to paste there anything. Otherwise I can tap there many times and 1 out of 10 times my attempt will be succesfull with small cursor.

Cache of phone app was cleared (even twice) after update but this didn't help. Haven't noticed this on .103 and previous FW updates
Please fix!
11 REPLIES 11

dron39
Rising Star II
@Kris_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS
Good afternoon,
Any replies or comments? Was this information sent to SW devs?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Clear cache files system-wide. (Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile manager -> Cleanup)
Clear the cache of ASUS Launcher and Android System.
Reboot your device.
If not fixed by the above, consider backing up your personal data and then perform a factory reset. Should this not fix the issue I'll send you instructions on how to log your device.

dron39
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS
  1. Clear cache files system-wide. (Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile manager -> Cleanup)
  2. Clear the cache of ASUS Launcher and Android System.
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. If not fixed by the above, consider backing up your personal data and then perform a factory reset. Should this not fix the issue I'll send you instructions on how to log your device.

View post
Tried as described in points 1, 2 and 3 of your instruction - it doesn't help. By the way point 2 was useless because after clearing cache system-wide both of mentioned apps showed 0b of cache. 🙂
I will backup my apps (i have unlocked BL and root) and will perform factory def.settings on weekend. At the moment I need phone on work. Thanks!)

dron39
Rising Star II
@Gustav_ASUS
I checked it after factory default settings and confirm that it is present! I don't remember that I noticed it on .83 and .103. So maybe something changed exactly in last update.
Do you need video to show you my problem? Can you reproduce it on your phone?