smallgiant801
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ASUS ROG phone 5 ZS673
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: once, persistent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I purchased the phone form Newegg. when I cracked the screen I contact ASUS, who refuse to touch the phone because it is "out of zone" per the serial number. When speaking with a customer service supervisor about I asked how a consumer could possible know where the cell phone is zoned, he response was:
"There isn't, the seller would have to tell you if they know"
absolutely no solutions were offered.
local repair shops are not willing to touch the phone because they cannot buy the screen from their vendors.
2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
smallgiant801

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:ASUS ROG phone 5 ZS673
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: once, persistent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I purchased the phone form Newegg. when I cracked the screen I contact ASUS, who refuse to touch the phone because it is "out of zone" per the serial number. When speaking with a customer service supervisor about I asked how a consumer could possible know where the cell phone is zoned, he response was:

"There isn't, the seller would have to tell you if they know"

absolutely no solutions were offered.

local repair shops are not willing to touch the phone because they cannot buy the screen from their vendors.

Unserviceable phone
You are in the ROG 2 forum and should be posting here.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/rog5-ww
Hopefully a moderator will be able to move this once they see this. @Gustav_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Irene
Going back to your original issue though is probably because you have a Tencent device shipped with a global firmware, a combination Asus does not do.
You can read more about it here:
Justins

hello, i want to buy ROG phone 5 from my local online marketplace, there's seller who sell at quite attractive price there and he says its tencent edition with international / global ROM. Any thought on this from mods ? @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS should i take precaution as ROG phone 3/2 or is this safe on ROG Phone 5 ? thanks. (The sellers said FOTA is safe this time with rog phone 5)

ROG Phone 5 Tencent Edition with Global/International ROM
Likewise, if you have brought the device but isn't available in your country, that's probably another reason why. By the way, which country are you from?
The serial number or the properties of the device could tell you where the device has originated from, so it can actually be found and doesn't have to be by the vendor but by that time, it is already late.
So how to solve your problem? Probably worth buying the screen from another country and get it shipped to where you are and have a local phone repair shop put the screen on for you. I assume you went to an Asus service centre before and thus rejecting the phone repair.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@smallgiant801 If you have indeed been sold a Tencent device that has been flashed with WW firmware, we recommend that you contact your reseller if you run into any issues.
I'll send you a PM as well.