This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickering Issue

Pervage
Rising Star II
After the .158 update screen flickering issue is there when viewing video in any of the OTT platforms or YouTube.
Please mods help us on this.
@CH_ASUS @Admin @Admin @GusHarmon
39 REPLIES 39

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
By the way, can you double-check your Widevine status? @Pervage @jaykesharwani9 and anyone else facing flickering issues in Netflix.
Netflix -> App settings -> Playback specification

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Gustav_ASUS

@Saifuddin Was replying to the OP having issues with Youtube, Netflix etc.

For Chrome, have you tested the fix provided by Ronald?

View post
No , i was just helping you pointing out the issue , other than that , i dont care much about chrome becoz i dont play videos on that

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Gustav_ASUS

By the way, can you double-check your Widevine status? @Pervage @jaykesharwani9 and anyone else facing flickering issues in Netflix.

View post
Though idk if anyone complaint in a long time here so ill tell you one think that HDR is full of crap , just play any hdr video on YouTube or Netflix or amazon prime or vlc player and you will see a yellow tint overlay which destroys the colours that are meant to be displayed
Also brightness seems to be very low in hdr content which if i remember correctly has to be exactly opposite of that , as brightness should be more than usual to have a proper hdr content , idk if i m having placebo effects but i noticed that so i thought of pointing it out

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

View post
This has happened twice now in A10 it reverted back to l3 and now in A11 it's l3 again.
Wow, nice software.
I wish I had a phone which supports connection of hard drive and usb and also doesn't have color banding or widevine issue.
Asus is giving great user experience.
Truly value for money smartphone.

screenshot-20210916-154941211.jpg

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@jaykesharwani9 Please perform the following troubleshooting steps and get back to me with your results.
Reboot your device and check your Widevine status.
Clear the storage & cache of Netflix, reboot your device and check Widevine status.
Uninstall Netflix, reboot your device, reinstall Netflix and check your Widevine status.
If the above steps does not work, please wait for the next FOTA and check your Widevine status after you've updated your device.