This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickering Issue

Pervage
Rising Star II
After the .158 update screen flickering issue is there when viewing video in any of the OTT platforms or YouTube.
Please mods help us on this.
@CH_ASUS @Admin @Admin @GusHarmon
39 REPLIES 39

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
Try set the refresh rate at any Hz (not auto)

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Pervage

@ronald1985 It happens on every video , every time. There is no specific video issue. Whatever I watch its so waste that I stopped watching videos or movies in phone regardless of "Big Amoled Screen".

View post
In addition to everyone's suggestion, do you have the Asus backlight on? If you have that on, turn it off. It looks like something behind the screen is a light blinking.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got the same issue, I've isolated the problem by testing further, seeing other threads and the issue can be manifested as:
pre-req
Have the refresh rate higher than 60hz (it works fine when using 60)
Use any browser to reproduce videos (or even animations)
Use Netflix app to reproduce videos
When watching videos in a browser (any), the screen starts flickering, also when using Netflix
It doesn't happen with other apps such as: Insta, Youtube, FB.
It appears like that the browser and Netflix use a library/plugin/media browser service? or similar that makes this issue to happen.
As per the suggestion of turning off the HW overlay thing in the developer options, nope it doesn't work
Yes, it's a bug. Yes I did factory reset after upgrading to .158

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Megalox

I've got the same issue, I've isolated the problem by testing further, seeing other threads and the issue can be manifested as:

pre-req

• Have the refresh rate higher than 60hz (it works fine when using 60)
  • Use any browser to reproduce videos (or even animations)
  • Use Netflix app to reproduce videos

When watching videos in a browser (any), the screen starts flickering, also when using Netflix

It doesn't happen with other apps such as: Insta, Youtube, FB.

It appears like that the browser and Netflix use a library/plugin/media browser service? or similar that makes this issue to happen.

As per the suggestion of turning off the HW overlay thing in the developer options, nope it doesn't work

Yes, it's a bug. Yes I did factory reset after upgrading to .158

View post
I will take a look at it today sometime as I don't have this bug on my kernel, so I can compare the regular kernel with my changes to the display in order to isolate the issue, this might accelerate the fix for this bug faster I think. This feedback was rather helpful.

Pervage
Rising Star II
@Megalox Thanks for detailed explanation.
@Danish it is a bug you have confirmed in other thread. Your custom kernel fixed the issue automatically.