jin_akira
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2108.158
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime it is connected
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After the most recent update (with August security patch) i was prompted to update the gamepad and just followed through. However i got the 'Update Failed' message and suddenly my right controller was not detected. I have restarted my phone several times and tried both USB and Bluetooth mode, it refuse to detect my right controller after the update. I even connected the gamepad to the middle accessory, used the USB-C to USB-C and connected to the phone directory but still can't detect my right controller. It is as if it just died.

Please advise on what I can do as it would be a shame and a waste of money if my controller died..
screenshot-20210904-141458223.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

jin_akira
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS @Christine_ASUS hi anyone please respond my controller is still not working after the update

jin_akira
Rising Star I
I just got back from the service centre and although they acknowledged that it was no fault of my own the right controller stopped working, they said that the warranty has run out as only 3 months is provided for accessories. I bought mine on the 12th February 2021.. they can't fix it as they don't have the people who can do it and said that they can only offer me to repurchase a new set at a 'slightly' discounted price of -14% of the original selling price. And even then the replaced set may have only 1 month warranty. Pretty disappointed that they couldn't fix it as it was clearly a software issue that screwed up the right controller due to the .158 update and i figured that they would have some tool to reset the controller. Instead it is just a dispensable accessory. A good accessory with so much potential but poor maintenance, such a shame.

jin_akira
Rising Star I
I managed to test out another set and it seems that the controller still works great in Bluetooth mode despite being attached to the bumper, I didn't dare to turn on USB mode in case it will fry the controller like what happened to me. I would recommend those who have the Kunai 3 Gamepad and would like to preserve it longer to use this gamepad strictly in Bluetooth mode to avoid the phone screwing up the gamepad like what happened to me; was being spammed with updates to the point it screwed mine up. I may explore the Gamesir X2 Bluetooth gamepad soon, anyone have any experience with it?