This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Please see your local law or warranty terms to make a claim for speed of repair. Part availability may actually be an issue, but the consumer has his own written rights. I also work as an engineer and I can see what is happening in the electronics market, some companies have stopped accepting orders because they have a problem with ensuring continuity of supplies.
At this point, we should rather focus on what we have influence - that is, getting information from Asus, what is really going on with zenfone8? Have they investigated the cause of the fault? Are new motherboards free from defects? - it's really important!
I doubted it, because the moderators are silent about it in this conversation and private conversations (they are still active in these less important topics, which in my opinion indicates ignorance or lack of knowledge about the root causes of the defect). Maybe we need to ask local asus representatives to make inquiries more formal? you know, it's a corporation ...

marzvin
Rising Star II
daniel91m

Please see your local law or warranty terms to make a claim for speed of repair. Part availability may actually be an issue, but the consumer has his own written rights. I also work as an engineer and I can see what is happening in the electronics market, some companies have stopped accepting orders because they have a problem with ensuring continuity of supplies.

At this point, we should rather focus on what we have influence - that is, getting information from Asus, what is really going on with zenfone8? Have they investigated the cause of the fault? Are new motherboards free from defects? - it's really important!

I doubted it, because the moderators are silent about it in this conversation and private conversations (they are still active in these less important topics, which in my opinion indicates ignorance or lack of knowledge about the root causes of the defect). Maybe we need to ask local asus representatives to make inquiries more formal? you know, it's a corporation ...

View post
I totally agree. We all know there are global issues, however, it's the manner and way that Asus have handled this issue, which is a concern. There is no concrete evidence that the issue when our phones are returned is now resolved and quite frankly I don't care as selling the phone off anyways. I'm however not happy that the phone only lasted me and the others on here, for only 4 months before it broke for no apparent reason, that's my issue.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Man I'm so glad I didn't update from the 7 to 8 I feel for you brothers. This is not right!!!
Not saying the ZenFone 7 is perfect,far from it . Well bye bye Asus what phone to try now is the question???

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
lukasz.szabelski

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185854#Comment_185854

Hi @Gustav_ASUS

Please don't take my post that you've mentioned personally. As all people who written here about their problems with dying ZF8, I'm really irritaded, frustrated, etc. about how it's managed by Asus (as for now). Sure, I was sarcastic cause I wanted to bring some attention on this really serious problem. It's not only my problem, you can see that it's global... Many users from many countries.

We're all users who could buy any other flagship phone for this amount of money (about 600-700 euro), but we loved to buy ZF8 as it's hardware looked sooo well in this small, compact (compared to other phones) size. It looked like perfect flagship to buy.

There were few problems like call quality, proximity sensor, fingerprint reader, volte, battery issues..... But now our phones are dying, and all that you and your local services are doing is just removing final consequences of this issue. Just swapping faulty motherboards with probably faulty flash memory to another faulty motherboards which will also die in day, week or month.. What we're looking for is to get any information about the root cause and information if this cause will be completely removed (with new FW update if it's related to software or with phone/motherboard replacement which is free of hardware deffect).

And why we should be calm as we don't know anything? Absolutely no confidence that this issue won't be back again after repair as root cause is still not anounced by Asus. If I bought my laptop and it's still working great after 9 years, I'd love to reccomend it (and it's manufacturer o course) to everyone I know, the same with my car producer, TV, fridge etc. Now I've trusted 4 months ago that Asus makes good phones, and I'm really dissatisfied. I won't reccomend buying Asus to anyone.. sorry.

Sure, if someone is soo rich that it's not a problem to buy new phone just few months after another, he can just throw away death Zenfone. But i think that for most of us this phone was bought to use for year or two. We're also not wanting to get refund for working phones, we want to return faulty devices which can't be fully repaired so issue won't be back and we don't want to lose our money for bricked phones.

The best way now is to announce some official statement so users. I'd love to still use my Zenfone if it could be fully repaired and I won't need to live in fear that it will die again, I'll lose my files etc. again, and I will still need to have any other backup phone with me for all time.

Some understanding please 🙂

Have a good day

View post
Well written! @Gustav_ASUS as someone who represents Asus on this forum have you actually raised or talked to them about this problem? Instead of giving us a scripted reply to check with our local service centers we would at least expect that this has actually reached Asus HQ ears instead of it being stuck here in the forums.
Can you give us a statement in behalf of Asus? This would be much appreciated by everyone here.
Other than the phone dying unexpectedly, we are extremely disappointed by the silence and the lack of acknowledgment by Asus on this matter.
If Asus is not able to provide a reason why phones are dying then announce a callback! This will save the company's reputation

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
daniel91m

View post
On point! All we want is acknowledgment and accountability from Asus! whether it's a shortage on parts or other reasons just let us know that you are checking on this issue. Like what I said previously, silence means you are guilty that you screw up and don't know how to respond to your customers. I don't know if this company still has any shame in them 😡