This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone freezes/restarts during phone calls

StaggeredAmusem
Star II
I've had my Zenfone 8 for a week and a half and keep running into an odd bug. When taking a call using my headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack, the Zenfone 8 freezes and restarts within 2 minutes of starting the call. This doesn't happen with bluetooth headphones, nor when using the earpiece of the Zenfone 8. I've tried multiple wired headphones, and the issue persists. I'm on the most recent software update, and this persists after a factory reset.
Has anyone else encountered this bug? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
31 REPLIES 31

j4y600
Star I
Hello. This is the exact issue I have. Great thread, everything that I wanted to say is in here.
I start a call and then it shortly after crashes.
Not sure about circumstances. Here are my ideas. Phone gets hot? Do I remove the protecting cover to keep it cool while in phone calls ? I have had a few calls last 5 minutes with headphones and without protective cover. But I have not tested this enough to see if this is a fix.

jrzenfone8
Star III
j4y600

Hello. This is the exact issue I have. Great thread, everything that I wanted to say is in here.

I start a call and then it shortly after crashes.

Not sure about circumstances. Here are my ideas. Phone gets hot? Do I remove the protecting cover to keep it cool while in phone calls ? I have had a few calls last 5 minutes with headphones and without protective cover. But I have not tested this enough to see if this is a fix.

View post
Hi, not sure it would be heat as I got freezes within seconds of a call (always and only with headphones) and ton of calls without headphone and without freeze, for one hour and more (yes, I talk a lot 😂).

StaggeredAmusem
Star II
StaggeredAmusement

I was still encountering it, yes. I sent it in for RMA yesterday.

View post
My phone returned over the weekend. They reportedly replaced the motherboard, but it seems the problem is persisting.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @StaggeredAmusement , @jrzenfone8 and @j4y600,
Check your inbox for a PM from me 🙂

zack4332
Star II

Irene2_ASUS

Hi @StaggeredAmusement , @jrzenfone8 and @j4y600,

Check your inbox for a PM from me 🙂

View post
@Irene2_ASUS, could you please PM me this same information? I've responded in a different thread regarding this exaxt same issue. Thank you.