ZT-5562d132
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
open the x mode cpu only have 1.08ghz
Iast time I used the rog phone 5 not too bad, but 5s is very disappointed
please make the good update in the future。
9 REPLIES 9

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185859#Comment_185859

The power draw of the SD 888 and SD 888+ are very similair. You really don't need to understand rocket science to understand that, also I'm quite certain the red magic 6s series has the same cooling as the red magic 6. It's just well designed unlike the Rog5.

View post
If SD 888 and 888+ has similiar power draw then ROG 5s won't throttle more than ROG 5
Btw, Red magic 6 and 6s has different cooling system lol

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185894#Comment_185894

If SD 888 and 888+ has similiar power draw then ROG 5s won't throttle more than ROG 5

Btw, Red magic 6 and 6s has different cooling system lol

View post
Yes it will because of its even more absurd boosting behaviour.
The cooling solution is the same wether you like it or not.

As you can see the cooling for both the rm6 and rm6s are basicially the same. They did some very minor changes such as changed the copper plate under the battery and switched the fan to a less performing one but much more quiet one as many complained about the very noisy rm6 fan, so technically the cooling on the rm6s is worse, but those are rather minor changes and if it cools down 1-3c worse I still consider it on par with the rm6.
So please refrain from spreading nonsense, thanks.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
"They did some very minor changes such as changed the copper plate under the battery and switched the fan to a less performing one but much more quiet one but much more quiet one as many complained about the very noisy rm6 fan, so technically the cooling on the rm6s is worse"
So basically you say it's a different cooling system - it's similar but not equal.
Something can't be worse if it's the very same.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Lol, you are looking for the little beast, different means technologically different, ventilator, cadoluc, peltier, watercooling, diffusion through the whole hull, for example, in this case, the system is just improved on Red magic 6s (less speed compensated by the change of copper), basically it remains on the same technology, to say that it is different is correct if we compare measurements but false when speaking of a cooling system.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZT-6ba223c6

"They did some very minor changes such as changed the copper plate under the battery and switched the fan to a less performing one but much more quiet one but much more quiet one as many complained about the very noisy rm6 fan, so technically the cooling on the rm6s is worse"

So basically you say it's a different cooling system - it's similar but not equal.

Something can't be worse if it's the very same.

View post
Wrong, it's the same cooling system but some components have been changed slightly. It's the equivalent of buying a Noctua DH 15 for PC and swap out the fans and call it a new cooling system, it's silly and dumb, the cooling system itself isn't really different.
Also even the same cooling can be flatout worse or better. In the example of the DH 15, fans perform differently, coldplate arent created equal either. In the case og the RM6s some will have better applied thermal paste than others, other will have slightly more efficient chip so every phone will still differ.