This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18.0610.2106.156 GPS slow and inaccurate?

The_PyroPath
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS630KL
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2106.156
Rooted or not: Nope
Frequency of Occurrence: always when using GPS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
========================================
A while back I send my phone in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. Since I had a decent replacement phone for a while I didn't bother to switch back immediately after the repair.
Last month I was on holiday/vacation where I traveled over 6500 km by car. I noticed the GPS was very slow to connect/fix, drop regularly and once connected the speedometer jumped up and down. I had to resort back to my backup phone for stable navigation. I noticed the accuracy is quite low and erratic (jumping between 10 and 30 or even 50 meters) and it doesn't seem to connect to a whole lot of satellites 10/12ish while my backup phone does 20-22+ under the same conditions.
It's this perhaps a known issue with the software or is it more likely a hardware issue? I previously used GPS (before the repair) without any issue.
2 REPLIES 2

gabvigno
Star I
Same firmware version, and I noticed the same using Google maps, which is saying that accuracy is low and calibration procedure shall be performed. However, calibration is not succeeding.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @The PyroPath and @gabvigno,
If you are still experiencing this here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:
Make sure that Google Maps / Waze has location permissions set to 'Allow all the time'.
Make sure Google Location Accuracy is enabled. (Settings -> Location)
Clear cache files system-wide. (Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile manager -> Cleanup)
Clear the cache of the LocationServices system app.
Make sure both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning is enabled in Location settings.
If none of the steps above improve GPS performance and you haven't performed a factory reset, please do so.