Moxy
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version: .151
Rooted or not: no root
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
A temporary solution to heating the phone in play? When will an update be released that will fix this? Help me please
6 REPLIES 6

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
No solution for now
It's easily hot when use it for daily not mention for gaming
For now we can hope for the next update they allow this phone to run at 300 MHz because if you use use dynamic and ultra durable mode it lock your cpu speed at 845 MHz and if you use advanced mode lv 1 it lock your cpu at 1.31 GHz. That's one of the reason why this phone so hot because it use high cpu clock even at idle

B_4_C_2_D_0
Star II
I have the same problem. My rog 5 ultimate is hot to the touch and sensors are at 39c to 43c while doing ordinary tasks(spotify in the backgroud, reddit browsing or even when downloading apps). Is this normal? While gaming it seems to go up to 45c to 50c after playing for about an hr or so.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
@B 4 C 2 D 0 I guess not... Mine never exceeds 30° when I don't play games.. And even then it's only at 35 (normal not that stressful games)... If it gets hotter I use the fan and stay at around 38° most of the time. I don't use x mode tho..

B_4_C_2_D_0
Star II
Thanks for the reply. My temps are as follows even while doing nothing taxing to the phone(texting, writing down this comment):
System steady at 29c to 32c
Cpu stable at 34c to 39c sometimes even hitting 43 to 46c when i play tunes in the background.
Gpu same as cpu temps.
Do i have an overheating issue? Should i just returnthe unit?

Thanks for the reply