SMRaul
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus rog 5 standard,12g rams
Firmware Version:forgot to check
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Soo i pluged my phone to charge(it had around 50% batery) was texting at the time and noticed the batery jumped from like 55% to 100 and completely died.Tried to turn it back on,the rog logo apeared and after that it died again.Since then i couldn't turn it back on.Dosen't apear to charge on any of the ports also tried fastboot it but nothing helped and the phone keeps getting hotter and hotter to the point i can't keep it in my hand for more then 10 secconds and from its side charger there is a faint smell burn.
The phone keeps getting hotter so i left it on the floor in my bathroom afraid it might blow up and burn up the house(no im not kidding its that hot).
Keep in mind i have phone for 5 days.I will get in contact with the place i bought it from in 2 days (unfortunantely tomorrow ill be at work the entire day)and hopefully ill manage to get a complete refund cuz i don't want to deal with this again and yes unfortunantely its the tencent version.

20 REPLIES 20

ronald1985
Community Legend I
SMRaul

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Asus rog 5 standard,12g rams
  2. Firmware Version:forgot to check
  3. Rooted or not:not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:once
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Soo i pluged my phone to charge(it had around 50% batery) was texting at the time and noticed the batery jumped from like 55% to 100 and completely died.Tried to turn it back on,the rog logo apeared and after that it died again.Since then i couldn't turn it back on.Dosen't apear to charge on any of the ports also tried fastboot it but nothing helped and the phone keeps getting hotter and hotter to the point i can't keep it in my hand for more then 10 secconds and from its side charger there is a faint smell burn.

The phone keeps getting hotter so i left it on the floor in my bathroom afraid it might blow up and burn up the house(no im not kidding its that hot).

Keep in mind i have phone for 5 days.I will get in contact with the place i bought it from in 2 days (unfortunantely tomorrow ill be at work the entire day)and hopefully ill manage to get a complete refund cuz i don't want to deal with this again and yes unfortunantely its the tencent version.

Rog 5 died whyle charging.
You can try battery calibration. This can happen with slow chargers too.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52794/rog-5-died-whyle-charging

You can try battery calibration. This can happen with slow chargers too.

View post
excuse me? His power IC is shorted and his phone is getting to hot to even hold it, how exacly do you want him to calibrate a shorted phone?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185907#Comment_185907

excuse me? His power IC is shorted and his phone is getting to hot to even hold it, how exacly do you want him to calibrate a shorted phone?

View post
Just because it is too hot to hold doesn't mean the IC has burnt.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @SMRaul,
I recommend you to contact your reseller regarding this issue.