This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging problem with 3rd party charger

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Hey, i have some problems charging zenfone8 with Baseus GAN2 PRO 65w charger. If i connect the phone to the first type-c it will charge 1%, maybe 2% and it won't keep charging, however i see double thunderbolt icon next to the battery and its says its fastcharging on the lockscreen.
If i connect it to second type-c, it charges normally, but i think only 18W.
I'm using type-c cable capable of 100w charging via usb-PD
43 REPLIES 43

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Am i gonna get any comment from ASUS? Hello?

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @cytrus224,
We cannot warranty that every 3rd party charger on the market will be fully to be compatible, and some other users have reported the same issue with said charger on Zenfone8.
We recommend you to use the original 30w stock charger.

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @cytrus224,

We cannot warranty that every 3rd party charger on the market will be fully to be compatible, and some other users have reported the same issue with said charger on Zenfone8.

We recommend you to use the original 30w stock charger.

View post
So you're saying phone is not compatible with USB Power Delivery or Qualcomm Fast Charge? That's great news, im gonna refund the phone as soon as it dies. Sad, because phone is good, but your software sucks and has tons of issues.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@cytrus224 That's not at all what Irene2 was saying. The Zenfone 8 supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 (dependent on regional regulations.)

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@cytrus224 That's not at all what Irene2 was saying. The Zenfone 8 supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 (dependent on regional regulations.)

View post
So why it does not negotiate the charging profile properly with a Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ charger and stops after 1-2% of charge? I'm pretty sure Qualcomm Quick Charge is and should be backwards compatible.