Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2106.138
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime I try
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Ever since the Android 11 update, I can no longer screen cast to my smart TV. When I try, the tv doesn't say it's connecting to my phones name anymore. Instead it's all a bunch of numbers and letters. And then fails to connect. I've tried resetting the router/phone and TV but nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this issue? And have a work around? Or do I just have to wait for another update?
5 REPLIES 5

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Sora Synn Gaming

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0410.2106.138
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime I try
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Ever since the Android 11 update, I can no longer screen cast to my smart TV. When I try, the tv doesn't say it's connecting to my phones name anymore. Instead it's all a bunch of numbers and letters. And then fails to connect. I've tried resetting the router/phone and TV but nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this issue? And have a work around? Or do I just have to wait for another update?

Can't Screencast to smart TV after Android 11 Update
Yup having same problem here with my 2 lg's webos tv's after A11 , i cant do screencast
Sora Synn Gaming

I found a fix already, sorry, forgot to update. I had to reset my network settings on my phone and it fixed the issue for me

View post
Unlucky, It didn't fix the problem me

I guess devs have to do something modification in casting hevc formats as far as @Danishblunt we discussed trying to troubleshoot my issue couple of days ago but it can definitely be some another compatibility issues which have to be fixed
Mods, @Irene2_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @irajdx69