Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook UM425 Numberpad 2.0 issues

ferko1276
Star I
System: Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS build 19043.1165
Model: UM425
I recently bought a ZenBook UM425 and I ran into some issues:
The "=" button on the numberpad does not work… or more precisely it is mapped to the "ó" key.
If I open the calculator from the numberpad, most of the time it will appear behind other apps, rendering this feature completely useless.
Are these known problems?
13 REPLIES 13

XMarksTheSpot
Star III
ferko1276

@Blake_ASUS The issue persists 😞

"And for calculator app not showing at the front issue, this is expected." - This makes no sense to me but if you say so...

View post
I’m not sure but I think this is a Windows issue.

ferko1276
Star I
ahnafm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182094#Comment_182094

I’m not sure but I think this is a Windows issue.

View post
I'm not sure either... It only takes 1 function call to launch a built in windows app from a C++ application (from user space) and it works just fine:
#include
system("calc.exe");
But it's likely more difficult to do from a driver which might be running in kernel space where the standard library is not even available. I have no idea.

ferko1276
Star I
Any updates on this?
This is what I ran into when i tried to find out more about this issue in the documentation. It pretty much states that ~10% of the buttons wont work unless I use an input option that does not match my keyboard layout.
Seriously?
documentation-note.png

I love how the marketing material conveniently fails to mention this little detail. It only mentions OS support in the footnotes...
marketing-material-footnotes.png

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Ferko,
Sorry I'm confused. I have been waiting for your update about the new driver in the PM.
There seems to be some issue with the installation. And that the new driver we gave you has been tested many time under Hungarian usage.
If there is anything we have missed, please let me know.
Thank you.