This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating issues Asus ZenFone 8

snake316_zk
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help: Phone heats up very quickly when using for light tasks ie Browing web pages, reading messages on what's app etc
Model Name: Asus ZenFone 8
Firmware Version: 30.11.51.60
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: whenever in use
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
First time buyer for Asus, well in mobile market any way. I feel like crying because why Asus would you make possibly what could of been the best phone in the market and just throw it away. Was anticipating release of this handset and my gosh how disappointed I am. Phone becomes abnormally hot from normal use and my word, when charging don't even ask. Put it this way, I can't hold the top half of phone for more than few mins before feeling like I will have burn marks on my fingers. With big regret will be sending this phone back tomorrow, such a wasted opportunity. First impressions not great
========================================

27 REPLIES 27

belfer1016
Star I
Same problem why is it too hot.i bought my phone the other day,and i used to video call my husband ,as i started the call it becomes warms till i cannot even hold it.im a big fan of asus and i didnt expect what ive experienced right now.

Hornet331
Star I
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185378#Comment_185378

It should be

But it won't drop to 300 MHz

Even if you use dynamic mode it will be locked at 845 MHz

View post
You have 3 different CPUs on this phone.
4 Cortex A55 with speeds up to 1.8Ghz and lowest of 300
3 Cortex A78 with speeds up to 2,46 GHz and lowest 710mhz
1 Cortex X1 with spees up to 2.84 Ghz and lowest speed of 844 Mhz.

So fi your say "it wont drop below 840 Mhz"... yes thats correct, thats the lowest frequency state the X1 has, thats a 2000mhz drop from its full frequency.
Also whats also important is, how low the voltage is dropped, which you cant see. On mine its works as intended, the cores drop during idle to their lowest frequency setting.

peter_mangion
Star I
my ZenFone 8 is always hot its not normal and making me want to get a new mobile may be going back to Motorola this is not normal like others saying battery drain to quickly having to plugin a battery pack in during the day defends the purpose of having a smaller mobile