venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog phone 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Its been many months since you guys told android 11 for ROG 2 is under evaluation. is it still under evaluation or you guys are planning to keep saying the same "under evaluation" status till the end of support for ROG 2?

29 REPLIES 29

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184645#Comment_184645

Why should one worry about that? So you have to look out for company's entire portfolio just to hope that your product gets support? This is not how it works.

You buy something, you care and worry about only that thing, its company's job to prioritise and allocate resources in such way one product doesn't affect the other.

Did apple stop supporting other devices during bend gate? Did samsung went cold on other phones when Note 9 started exploding? That's not how business work, and sadly if asus is working that way, then its terrible for business continuity.

View post
But sadly ASUS is working that way
The won't care about old device like ROG 2 and instead focus to fix their problem at newer phone

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184645#Comment_184645

Why should one worry about that? So you have to look out for company's entire portfolio just to hope that your product gets support? This is not how it works.

You buy something, you care and worry about only that thing, its company's job to prioritise and allocate resources in such way one product doesn't affect the other.

Did apple stop supporting other devices during bend gate? Did samsung went cold on other phones when Note 9 started exploding? That's not how business work, and sadly if asus is working that way, then its terrible for business continuity.

View post
Oh yeah lets focus on updagin software on an outdated phone and ignore the new ones that have literal catastropic failures. Seems like a braniac move to me.
Correct, they prioritized that fixing new phones that destroy themselves is more important than an android update for an old model.
Yes they did even denied people extended warranty, not to mention still have that nice defect where the CPU gets a nice 50+ volts killing of the entire thing.
It's the note 7 and yes, they completely recalled their note 7 series and cancelled it completely instead working on a new phone, they didnt fix it but dropped it instead.

We all now know you should not be leading a business.

SoumyaRS
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185084#Comment_185084

Oh yeah lets focus on updagin software on an outdated phone and ignore the new ones that have literal catastropic failures. Seems like a braniac move to me.

Correct, they prioritized that fixing new phones that destroy themselves is more important than an android update for an old model.

Yes they did even denied people extended warranty, not to mention still have that nice defect where the CPU gets a nice 50+ volts killing of the entire thing.

It's the note 7 and yes, they completely recalled their note 7 series and cancelled it completely instead working on a new phone, they didnt fix it but dropped it instead.

We all now know you should not be leading a business.

View post
But I know you should not be talking on behalf of others.

venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
A month back or so the moderators were saying "ANDROID 11 FOR ROG 2 IS UNDER EVALUATION"
i want to know what happened to that under evaluation status? Is it evaluated and not passed or is it still under evaluation? How can they just forget about the evaluation? I just don't get it.. is it a lie?

From what I'm seeing, the ROG 1 only got 1 major update. The ROG 2 is now in it's 2nd year, only getting 1 major update, and that second year is technically the time where you don't have to support the device, just like the ROG 1, which really bothers me.
The ROG 3 just barely got A11, and judging by this small pattern, tis only 1 major update for all. Though I've heard about somebody mentioning Google requires at least 2 major software updates, otherwise they'd get fined, but I seem to can't find the source.
However, I'm guessing it's because they focus more on the ZenFone lineup, but I mean, Samsung and their multitude of devices from their A and S lineup are being supported. I don't think their mobile division team is huge, but I really wish if they're gonna do mobile phones, they better give it some better support. If they're gonna go for huge numbers, specs, battery, storage, they better give it a huge amount of support.