This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick settings panel - Security issue

pio_zen
Rising Star II
I noticed security issue with quick settings panel.
You shouldn't be able to turn on airplane mode without bypassing lock screen!
If you lose phone someone can simply disconnect the device and you would not be able to wipe or locate it with Google service !
It needs immediate fix!
It should not be possible to turn off or reset device without authorisation either!

6 REPLIES 6

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @piospro,
You can remove flight mode from Quick setting menu.

pio_zen
Rising Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @piospro,

You can remove flight mode from Quick setting menu.

View post
Sorry, but it is a non solution for the problem. I know I can customize that but then to turn it on you have to go to settings/connections etc. There is idea behind "quick settings".
Better would be option like on oneplus - option to block quick setting on a locked phone.
It is not a criticism - rather suggestion to make software better. I think asus have a potential to take the niche abandoned by oneplus. I had a zenfone 2 laser a long time ago and for me the software looks better now anyway (the more stock android the better).

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@piospro A thief could also just turn the device off, making flight mode QS access somewhat of a moot point.
But the answer to your original post is that we follow standard Android behavior for the lock screen.

pio_zen
Rising Star II
The power menu options should also require authorization IMO
If it is a standard behavior I can live with that. Better clean android than MiUI 🙂