NaitikK
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 5z
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Well, it's now 7+ weeks and I still don't have my 5z.
2 days ago, 2 spares (mo-bo and battery) were delivered to the svc that took 3 weeks! Today, svc told that the device was working properly just by changing the battery; mo-bo wasn't needed. However, some standard ASUS tests were yet to be done. The person on call spoke very clumsily. i am scared that the device is only partly/temporarily repaired as i hardly trust these 3rd party service providers. But that's just speculation.
I also noted that there was some quotation remark on repair status. Please note that i won't pay a dime simply because the device was in an unusable state (have proof) when i collected it on 4th Aug from the svc. Pathetic svc BTW! That was the reason i had to submit my handset on 11th Aug for re-repair.
I read some posts where users praised Christine. Therefore, I particularly request @Christine_ASUS to help if possible.
8 REPLIES 8

NaitikK
Rising Star I
NaitikK

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184954#Comment_184954

Update: I received my device today! Finally, my device is devoid of all problems it used to face. The svc replaced my battery FOC after I requested an ASUS representative. Thanks for that!

However, I noticed that the phone is heating up when charged. For example, current temperature = 44 deg. C. I don't think this is normal. Is this gonna be a problem in the long term?

@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS

View post
Today, I noticed that the back panel has not been well sealed on one of its corners. There are some scratches near the main camera and some dust within the ultrawide camera module. [Photos attached]
img-20210907-101821.jpg
img-20210907-101920.jpg
img-20210907-102240.jpg
img-20210907-102411.jpg

vkk178
Rising Star I
NaitikK

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185001#Comment_185001

Today, I noticed that the back panel has not been well sealed on one of its corners. There are some scratches near the main camera and some dust within the ultrawide camera module. [Photos attached]

img-20210907-101821.jpg

img-20210907-101920.jpg

img-20210907-102240.jpg

img-20210907-102411.jpg

View post
Ohh c**p . That looks bad .Looks like it's not glued properly . Water can go in

NaitikK
Rising Star I
vkk178

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185099#Comment_185099

Ohh c**p . That looks bad .Looks like it's not glued properly . Water can go in

View post
Should I be worried about this? I have attached the original zenfone case.
Also, the phone's temperature reaches 45 deg. C when charging (after 3 observations). It's weird because the temperature only rose to 40 deg. C even on heavy gaming. You got anything to say?

vkk178
Rising Star I
You need to take care of water or moisture getting in . Is this how they gave you from SVC center ;better ask them to fix it properly