Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Vegirot
Star III
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185214#Comment_185214

Share it so ASUS won't be able to avoid when you say it's software issue

View post
Sure shot, will be sharing this

krnapj
Rising Star I
Nilesh9797

@krnapj could you please share your software version and please let us know any new problems after the motherboard change? I have waited long for software update. Could you please help me with this?

View post
I think u missed a few lines in my comment. I hv refused to accept the phone because they put a dent at the bottom,now they will be replacing the screen or smthn,which will take another 10 days,after that only i ll b able to tell u anything

Nilesh9797
Star III
Hi @krnapj .
Please provide the details as soon as you receive your phone. That will be very helpful.
Thanks

ig_NxVeM
Star III
Motherboard replacement for immediate fix and software update(may or may not fix the problem, but we must prefer to wait till next update and if it doesn't fix this issue, only option left is to change the motherboard) for time consuming fix. The choice is yours, I'll prefer to wait for the next update as I use mobile data for now and the phone is under warranty costing me nothing,

Piyush_Agarwala
Star III
Guys, I wanted to know how much "Screen On Time" you guys are getting before having the wifi issue I use to get 6hr in dynamic mode and 6:30hr in Ultra-durable mode at 60hz I don't think this is normal plz tell me is there a fix for this or replacing the motherboard will fix it?